April 26 - Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear all,

For those of you who are interested in Pinhole Photography, it may be worthwhile to note that this coming Sunday, April 26th is the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day. Pinhole Photography enthusiasts are taking pictures all over the world on that day, select their best shot and submit it to the WPPD website where they are published. 

So, if you don't have anything better to do on Sunday, and if you have a pinhole camera (or a black cardboard with a small hole made by a sewing needle, fixed to the camera instead of a lens using black gaffer tape...  :) ) then why not participate?

And if anyone of you should also be in the vicinity of Eindhoven in the Netherlands on that day, and wanted to meet up at 10 am in the city centre, send me a PM.

To further attract you attention (or otherwise) I attach a picture taken with a Leica and a self-made pinhole some weeks ago. 

All the best and perhaps until Sunday,

Christoph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Yes,I saw that and decided to dig my Skink pinhole out of the drawer where it's been languishing for the last couple of years and mount it on the MM for a trip to the mountains.

It was good fun. Here are a couple of today's pictures:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Great,

Your results look intriguing. I suppose with the Monochrome taking pinhole shots free hand is not a problem.

We were a small group in Eindhoven and had a good time shooting pinhole. I've been running around with a couple of self-made cameras and a Zero2000, all with colour film, so I still have to wait for a few days to get the films developed..

Rgds

Christoph

Thanks Christoph.

Indeed, with the MM you can just bump up the ISO and don't need a tripod as long as the light is decent.

But I wish I'd used a film camera, as you did. Somehow, putting a pinhole on a digital camera doesn't feel quite "right"...