How do you guys travel your leicas?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I really like the Domke F6. In black it is very discreet and I don't think it looks like a camera bag. I used a black sharpie on the red letters. It can hold a good amount of stuff so I can use it for hauling more than just cameras for the day.

I just got back from a trip and the following set up worked really well for me. I swapped out the padded four compartment divider it comes with for the two compartment insert. Fully loaded I fit a Rolleiflex, M7 with 35mm Color Skopar and M6 with 50mm Planar. In the padded insert I have a 90mm Cron & Flash. When walking around I left one of the cameras in the hotel safe if I wanted some space in the bag for a light jacket and bottle of water.

Edited by Sjauch
  • Like 1

If all I'm taking is my Leica MP with just one lens, or up to 3 additional lenses and a few rolls of film, or just my Fuji X100T, then it's any combination of 1 to 4 of these CCS pouches.  I've had them for years and they still cannot be beaten, imo.

It was a sad day when CCS ceased trading.

I just bought a dozen CCS pouches from a local (outdoor) shop as they had found a box full of old stock in the attic. Price was low and they are so useful I couldn't resist. Now my RF goes in my backpack with three lenses all in old CCS cases - very well protected indeed.

• Like 2

I think not looking so smart is as important as the bag.

If its hot I tend to look nondescript in shorts and t-shirt, otherwise jeans and top.

Most dull coloured bags (black, grey brown, etc.) without logos don't look expensive.

Most peoples don't know what a Leica is.

However many small time thieves go for any bag and any camera, so you key is looking more down market then the next guy (or girl)

Always worth packing insurance and downloading your photos whenever at base camp to offset the worst ....

• Like 2