I love my X

jlindstrom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Since there doesn't seem to be a topic like this, let's get it started! All X-series Leica's are welcome here. We don't discriminate size, shape or age - everybody in!

I'll start of with my recently acquired X Vario.

//Juha

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Let's continue, hopefully encourage someone else to contribute as well.. Anyway, here's my other "X Baby" - the X Typ 113 up, close & personal.

//juha

• Like 1

And here is my X Vario when it was nearly new (summer 2013):

And here are my "X Vario pages" on the Web: http://www.waloszek.de/overview_lxv_e.php

Best regards, Gerd

Edited by waloszek
  • Like 1

I love my X1. Here it is with the whole family  :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been extremely pleased with the X typ 113 as well, just as I was very pleased with the X2 before it. But even more so! This has become my go-to "grab and go" camera—since I bought it, I've use it more than all the others put together. 

leica_x-w_case-001.jpg

Some photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=23913128@N02&q=Leica%20X%20

G

• Like 1

Guest DrPix

When I first tested X113 some six month ago I was not impressed; possibly I must have had a faulty camera. This time I was "lucky", the camera performed perfectly and the results can be seen below.I shoot mostly with apertures between f/5.6 and f/8. I still find widest openings a bit too soft for my taste. All shots are dng, developed in LR and pp a bit in Photoshop. Camera´s exposure meter (centerweight) is virtually fool-proof. Light was so good that I was stuck with 100 ISO mostly. AF is not fastest in the world but still fast enough to catch some action. I find VISOFLEX a must accessory, in bright sun I would struggle to take a shot without it! Both handgrip and lensshade from my XVario fit perfectly and together with the camera made a "pleasant-to-use" combo. Hope you like the pics.

http://andrzejponiatowski.zenfolio.com/p705436057

Edited by DrPix
  • Like 5

DrPix

Wonderful collection of beautiful scenes. I just ordered a X 113. I would be interested in your Lightroom settings on #2 and #15. I have not been able to get those deep colors out of my X-Vario or X2.

Thank you

Jim

Guest DrPix

DrPix

Wonderful collection of beautiful scenes. I just ordered a X 113. I would be interested in your Lightroom settings on #2 and #15. I have not been able to get those deep colors out of my X-Vario or X2.

Thank you

Jim

Thanks for your kind remarks. Strangely enough I am using an old version of LR (Windows 7) 3.6. It delivers the best dng conversion/development for both XVario and X113 in my oppinion. The "deep colors" are courtesy of two Topaz plug-ins: Clarity and Detail, mainly ready-made presets.

• 5 months later...

Great thread, hopefully this little 'bump' might get some more responses :)

Question if i may,  I like to wear my cameras cross body - is it safe to leave the EVF attached to the camera whilst out and about with the camera slung across my body? It wont damage it or the hotshoe?

Edited by mmanda

Great thread, hopefully this little 'bump' might get some more responses :)

Question if i may,  I like to wear my cameras cross body - is it safe to leave the EVF attached to the camera whilst out and about with the camera slung across my body? It wont damage it or the hotshoe?

YMMV, but I've been carrying mine that way since new, and my X Vario as well.

• 2 weeks later...