Apple Mac downgrade from Yosemite to Tiger OS10.4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED. I am told that it is unuseable because Nikon do not support it and that Vuescan does not work on Apple iMacs running on Yosemite but does on those running Tiger ie OS10.4. By chance I still have an iMac 24inch mid 2007 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I was going to dispose of it but the thought occurs that I could clean it off and just use it for the Coolscan. Does anyone know if I can get rid of Yosemite and reinstall Tiger (DVD's are available on eBay)? 

I have have not been able to find out this information from the internet nor by searching this Forum. If there are posts that I have missed I apologise and would be grateful to have them pointed out.

I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED. I am told that it is unuseable because Nikon do not support it and that Vuescan does not work on Apple iMacs running on Yosemite but does on those running Tiger ie OS10.4. By chance I still have an iMac 24inch mid 2007 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I was going to dispose of it but the thought occurs that I could clean it off and just use it for the Coolscan. Does anyone know if I can get rid of Yosemite and reinstall Tiger (DVD's are available on eBay)? 

Vuescan runs fine on actual Macs with Nikon Coolscan 9000 and latest Mac Software, which I started with Lion and now working with Yosemite OS X 10.10.3.

Only if you want to use your Nikon Coolscan with old Nikon Viewscan Software, you need an older Mac running at last with Snow Leopard.

If I would like using original Nikon Viewscan on the Nikon Coolscan 9000, I would take an older Mac Mini as a stand alone unit and buy Snow Leopard Software, which is still available.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yosemite 10.10.3

VueScan 9.4.24 64bit

runs perfect on MacBook Pro Retina 15" and New MacPro

I couldn't live without VueScan and wouldn't for the life of me downgrade to an unsupported Mac OS, as much as I hate the buggy Yosemite crashing and stealing my time with constant fiddling.

If you absolutely must use an older OS, do it within a virtual machine under Yosemite.
  • Like 1