12504 in silver: What part number?

BjarniM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm looking for the silver version of the black 12504 hood for my Summicron-M 35 mm Version 4.

I have seen a silver version here http://bid.nds.hk/?p=903 so i just guess there actually does exist a silver version of the 12504 hood.

Does anyone here know, what part number the silver version is?

I don't think the silver version of this hood has ever been made available outside of various special editions (the one in the photo comes from a white edition M8.2 set). You could always buy the new Safari M-P set, sell the camera and 35 ASPH and keep the hood. :)

• Like 2

Yes the ventilated hood in silver has only come with limited editions. Fortunately a lot of limited editions, the white M8, Safari and so on. 

I would ask them if they would sell the hood alone, but the black hood is $US 100-300. 

I have an overview of the different hoods here: http://www.overgaard.dk/leica-35mm-summicron-M-f20.html 

The 12504 is the one that fits the 35mm, the 12585 also works for 35mm but like a little too bulky I think. 

I would ask them if they would sell the hood alone, but the black hood is $US 100-300. 

I have asked them. The set was already sold, so i reckon i must be patient and wait till one comes along.

I have the hood in black, but since the lens is in silver i want a hood in silver as well.

Yeah, i know, pure aesthetically it hasn't anything whatsoever to do with the pictures it can deliver, but it's kinda unsexy looking: [black body] - [silver lens] - [black hood].

I didn't mean to edit Thorsten's post…sorry! I was just trying to quote it.

I wish to add a caution (for the record) that I found that the 12585 hood clips the corners of exposures with the 35/2 v4, at some settings. This problem was eliminated when I switched to the 12526 rectangular hood

I'm looking for the silver version of the black 12504 hood for my Summicron-M 35 mm Version 4.

I have seen a silver version here http://bid.nds.hk/?p=903 so i just guess there actually does exist a silver version of the 12504 hood.

Does anyone here know, what part number the silver version is?

The few I have seen in silver that sold lately have gone for $400 to $500. I have looked around a lot. My next thought is if I can find some silver paint that is close to the lens color I might paint one of the extra hoods I got with my 35 Summicron. One hood is the 12585 and it is a Leica original. The other is a 12504 from China. It is an exact copy and even says 12504 on it. I might paint it at some point.

There is an aftermarket silver "12504" hood sold from Hong Kong on the auction site. I once bought one of their black ones to compare with my genuine, and construction looks like a close copy, but the clip springs were stronger, making it harder to mount and remove. It also separates to take a filter like the original.

• Like 1

Just buy a black one and sand it off of pour it in a jar of chemicals to strip the coating.

LOL, +1.

I never have quite understood why Leica makes silver lenses as standard options but not matching hoods, same with Zeiss ZM. Seems to me to be quite an opportunity for a cottage industry / third party maker out there....