Our new D-Lux 109s

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I just purchased the Leica D-Lux 109 today. I am used to using auto mode all the time. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew because I don't have a clue what any of the settings really do. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can learn to use it like a pro. I am not implying that this is what a pro would use for a camera, basically I would like to get the most out of the camera and in the process learn about camera's and photography. Thanks for any help in advance.

Consider yourself on a learning curve. Investment of time pays huge dividends. Discussion here will help resolve any problems.

You have a great little camera. I would suggest taking a course in photography fundamentals. There are classes, books, videos, etc that can teach you the basics. Sorry I can't recommend a specific one, but maybe someone else can or you can read reviews of online courses. Once you know the basics the many features and options and dials on your camera will make sense and you can then utilize them.

My Leica D-Lux(109) is 4-month-old. I have mad some nice photos so far, but yesterday I got horizontal stripe (one or two) in each photos. I have no clue why? Could anybody know, please.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107608883910495011459/albums/6150653852220507569/6150655734282933858?banner=pwa&pid=6150655734282933858&oid=107608883910495011459

@antalhalasz: I do not know, what might cause this problem. The only ideas that I have is that the SD card might be the cause for the stripes. Does this phenomenon appear with other cards as well?

Years ago, I had much bigger stripes in my photos that were caused by the memory card. So it might be worth a try...

Best regards & good luck, Gerd

• Like 1

@antalhalasz: I do not know, what might cause this problem. The only ideas that I have is that the SD card might be the cause for the stripes. Does this phenomenon appear with other cards as well?

Years ago, I had much bigger stripes in my photos that were caused by the memory card. So it might be worth a try...

Best regards & good luck, Gerd

Thank you Gerd, I agreed with you. May be it was an unproper connection in the card reader when I downloaded. Unfortunately I deleted from the SD card immediately after downloading without checking. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Never remove the card from any digital camera with the camera switched on!   Try re-formatting the card  and taking a few more test shots.  Using a good recovery program, you can recover your images even after re-formatting many times. If there are important images on the card it is well worth doing this.  My wife lost all her images after accidentally reformatting her little Lumix compact camera and some of them were vital shots from a local sports event promised to a publisher.  I managed to recover not only these but thousands of others on the same card from previous years on different cameras!   Needless to say, the attention that I received for the rest of the day made it all worthwhile!   It didn't last though!!

Edited by dhsimmonds

A few pictures from my 109 last week at the Amgen Tour of California.

The rest of the pictures.

At first I thought you had vertical stripes or bands in those pictures - until I realized that I was seeing a reflection of my shirt. 

Nice set.