Our new D-Lux 109s

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My wife and I both bought a Leica D-Lux 109. So far this little camera is great. Haven't had much time to use it but I did get a few pics the day we bought them and a few at work yesterday. I also shoot with my Nikon D3S, D2X and Olympus OM-D Em-1.

Fun around Los Angeles

L1000002koh67-vi.jpg

L1000020koh67-vi.jpg

L1000046koh67-vi.jpg

L1000032koh67-vi.jpg

L1000009koh67-vi.jpg

At work

L1000119koh67-vi.jpg

L1000094koh67-vi.jpg

L1000105koh67-vi.jpg

L1000084koh67-vi.jpg

L1000068koh67-vi.jpg

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum!

Nice shots with your new toy.  I also recently acquired one and it's a wonderful little camera, and so useful if I don't feel like shooting with my M-P or film Ms.  Having owned a succession of DLux- series compacts, this one is by far the best. 

Regards

• Like 2

Snapshot - are you processing raw in Lightroom ?? Be sure to stopover at the space and air museum in McMinnville Oregon on your way up to BC. 101 is a great trip- especially with a leica or two !!!

The pictures were shot in jpg and a little tweek with Lightroom.

Hi, I just purchased the Leica D-Lux 109 today. I am used to using auto mode all the time. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew because I don't have a clue what any of the settings really do. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can learn to use it like a pro. I am not implying that this is what a pro would use for a camera, basically I would like to get the most out of the camera and in the process learn about camera's and photography. Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi, I just purchased the Leica D-Lux 109 today. I am used to using auto mode all the time. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew because I don't have a clue what any of the settings really do. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can learn to use it like a pro. I am not implying that this is what a pro would use for a camera, basically I would like to get the most out of the camera and in the process learn about camera's and photography. Thanks for any help in advance.

Give this book a try! 

Alexander S. White

Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)

http://www.allbookstores.com/Photographer-Guide-Leica-Lux-Typ/9781937986346

• Like 1

The bottom line is results and judging by your images I'd say you're already doing great with the camera. Color balance, contrast, exposure, focus and depth of field control are all spot on. There are a lot of functions and special effects you'll probably never need or want to use, so i wouldn't suggest trying to learn them all. Just pick out the few you want to master and learn them.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

The bottom line is results and judging by your images I'd say you're already doing great with the camera. Color balance, contrast, exposure, focus and depth of field control are all spot on. There are a lot of functions and special effects you'll probably never need or want to use, so i wouldn't suggest trying to learn them all. Just pick out the few you want to master and learn them.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I hope it is not inappropriate of me complementing your photo's that I found via your signature. You have taken some absolutely gorgeous photo's. Nice Job!

Give this book a try! 

Alexander S. White

Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)

http://www.allbookstores.com/Photographer-Guide-Leica-Lux-Typ/9781937986346

Thank You, I happened to find and purchase this book on Amazon last night. What is nice about purchasing it on Amazon, they gave me the kindle edition free, so I was able to jump right in. Thank you again for your help.

My wife and I both bought a Leica D-Lux 109. So far this little camera is great. Haven't had much time to use it but I did get a few pics the day we bought them and a few at work yesterday. I also shoot with my Nikon D3S, D2X and Olympus OM-D Em-1.

Fun around Los Angeles

L1000002koh67-vi.jpg

L1000020koh67-vi.jpg

L1000046koh67-vi.jpg

L1000032koh67-vi.jpg

L1000009koh67-vi.jpg

At work

L1000119koh67-vi.jpg

L1000094koh67-vi.jpg

L1000105koh67-vi.jpg

L1000084koh67-vi.jpg

L1000068koh67-vi.jpg

Here are 2 from today. I picked up a Hoya NXT Cir-Pl. These are straight out of the camera with now editing.

L1000483-vi.jpg

Exif Image Details
  •  
Make: Leica Model: D-LUX (Typ 109) Width: 4272 pixels Height: 2856 pixels Focal Length: 10.9 mm F-Number: F/3.5 Exposure Time: 0.008 sec. 1/125 Metering Mode: Multi-segment Exposure Program: Auto bracket ISO Speed: 200 Flash Mode: Off, Did not fire Date: 2015-04-29 18:22:48

L1000486-vi.jpg

Exif Image Details Make: Leica Model: D-LUX (Typ 109) Width: 4272 pixels Height: 2856 pixels Focal Length: 34.0 mm F-Number: F/2.8 Exposure Time: 0.008 sec. 1/125 Metering Mode: Multi-segment Exposure Program: Auto bracket ISO Speed: 200 Flash Mode: On, Fired Date: 2015-04-29 18:23:30

• 3 weeks later...

Have taken about 500 photos thus far and am very pleased with the D-Lux 109.  Much lighter than my DSLR and thus much easier to handle.  The viewfinder is really crisp and very helpful in bright light situations.  Close-ups really nice with beautifully shallow depth of field.  The attached photo was taken in the Everglades National Park about a week ago.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!