Thanks ...... no Thanks .....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

+2 - the old "Thanks" was vastly superior - instantly visible. So bring it back please, and stop trying to justify the new vs. the old! :angry:

I would even venture to suggest that had this alteration been made public prior to the change most of the so far silent majority would have voted to retain it.

This forum software may not allow the "Thanks" button to work the way that the old one did. It might be impossible to do, with the new software (I don't know)

Andreas can only work within the constraints, features and opportunities offered by the software.

I am sure that he is gathering a long list of To-Dos, including gripes being brought to the fore by members and will deal with them as he can.

I prefer the Thanks button.

But I 'Like This' forum, 'Thanks'.... so long as there is a way to acknowledge useful posts without having to quote-reply to them (which is sometimes more than is required), I think we're fine.

It's also reassuring to see that new software has been invested in - thanks so much to the mods for the time and effort no doubt required in this transition.

In post #17 Ece has cleverly summed it up exactly. Ye olde "thanks" button was great when used as just an acknowledgement of whatever needed that and no more.

Direct, simple and to the point. 

Edited by platypus

Better now?

Yes! Thank you so much (and this requires more than just hitting the "thanks" button).

I also want to thank you for getting rid of the ads that were showing up in every page even after I renewed my membership.

I can only imagine what a humongous task this transition must have been and I appreciate your swift response to members' concerns regarding all the comforts we've gotten used to in the old format and felt we couldn't live without.

Regards,

Ece

• Like 1