New forum's revised image file sizes.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tried loading some images yesterday - my first onto the new forum. As a sponsoring member I should be able to load files of 1000kb - mine were over 500kb and well under 1000kb … and 1024px on longest side.

When attempting to post the images a 'file too large' advice appeared. 

So what could have I done incorrectly? 

Are the revised file size parameters fully live?

Thanks

dunk 

The privileges of the sponsoring users are going to be re-established in the course of the coming week, according to Andreas' schedule. Please expect a mail by him outlining how the funds are to be transferred from the old to the new forum.

I tried loading some images yesterday - my first onto the new forum. As a sponsoring member I should be able to load files of 1000kb - mine were over 500kb and well under 1000kb … and 1024px on longest side.

When attempting to post the images a 'file too large' advice appeared. 

So what could have I done incorrectly? 

Are the revised file size parameters fully live?

Thanks

dunk 

Dunk, it's been years that I sponsor but I can never posted larger photos

on the old version of the forum. On the new I have not tried it yet

If this is not possible, it does not matter to me !

Best

Henry

Thanks for replies … I've jumped the gun a bit and see that the 1000kb file limit is not quite operational yet ... so will be patient.

But also looks as if the 1000kb limit is per post i.e. e.g. two 500kb files in one post …  unless several 1000kb files are loaded as consecutive separate posts.  Thus no longer possible to post e.g. a 5 image photo essay in one loading unless files are less than 200kb for each image?   

This does not exactly encourage encourage Leica camera users to post as many pictures as were allowed on the old forum … which seems rather odd and a step backwards for a camera/photography forum … where we could be looking at more image results … rather than debating and arguing and hankering back to the pre CNC days of yore :) 

dunk

Just as a matter of interest, will it be easier to post text between images in a single post? I never worked out how to do this on the old forum.

Hi John

• Use "More Reply Options"
  • Attach Files to Uploader, do not put in text area yet.
  • Write text, using justification and colour, size etc
  • "Add to Post", image can also be centre justified.
  • Write more text; justifying and colour
  • Use "Preview Post" and edit your reply

KANGaroooo!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

any more text??

cheers Dave S :p 

Edited by david strachan

still a bit confused .......... the file size limit in kb has increased ....... but you don't seem to be able to post physically bigger or more detailed pictures ...... so it all seems a bit pointless..... or am I missing something ....?

Ditto.

still a bit confused .......... the file size limit in kb has increased ....... but you don't seem to be able to post physically bigger or more detailed pictures ...... so it all seems a bit pointless..... or am I missing something ....?

The file size limit used to be 300 kB, is now 500 kB. The visual size used to be limited to 1028 pixels per side, is now 1280 pixels per side.

What's "phyiscally" bigger or "more detailed" if not more pixels and more bytes?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I’m not sure whether this is a new feature but I’ve noticed that if you tap on a large attached photo displayed on the small screen of an iPad (and presumably other tablets and laptops) it will expand to the full size at which it was uploaded and grey out the background. It does the same on a desk top machine but, if the screen is big enough, it won’t show a difference in size.

It’s a nice way of viewing a picture without the usual forum furniture around it.

• Like 1

Given that the new forum has only been live for a few days, it is inevitable that there will be a period of bedding in, tweaking and making features live. It must have been a mammoth task just to get all the data from the old forum to transfer to the new software.

I think that we should allow Andreas a little time to get everything working as it should.

I am sure that features such as multiple >500kb images in a single post, Sponsor Membership benefits, new skins/themes for the forum etc will come along in due course.

"Patience is a virtue". "Good things come to those that wait."

And all that.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

August 2015.

I've just viewed an impressive  926kb image on the Q image thread, with dimensions of 1029 x 1280, I'm assuming that this allowance is fully operational for subscribed members.  Its a great incentive!  

Thanks.