Next lens 35mm Summicron / Summilux? or 50mm

michael.mu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congratulations Michael, use it in good health and for many many years...   I often have this mental battle myself.  I have the 50 Lux and the 35 Cron ASPH and often consider if I should buy up to the 35 LUX.  I too am primarily a "50" shooter.   After agonizing for hours, I've always held off and stayed with the Cron.  The smaller size and feel and the fact it's only 1 F stop difference usually is what wins out for me.   If money were not an object, maybe I'd go for the Lux but I can hardly ever think of a time that I missed a shot because I had the 35 Cron on the M9P and not a 35 Lux.   It's certainly a magnificent lens but I just love the 50 Lux so much, I have never been able to pull the trigger on the 35 Lux....

Best of luck, enjoy it and hope to see some images with it soon.

• Like 1

Congratulations Michael, use it in good health and for many many years...   I often have this mental battle myself.  I have the 50 Lux and the 35 Cron ASPH and often consider if I should buy up to the 35 LUX.  I too am primarily a "50" shooter.   After agonizing for hours, I've always held off and stayed with the Cron.  The smaller size and feel and the fact it's only 1 F stop difference usually is what wins out for me.   If money were not an object, maybe I'd go for the Lux but I can hardly ever think of a time that I missed a shot because I had the 35 Cron on the M9P and not a 35 Lux.   It's certainly a magnificent lens but I just love the 50 Lux so much, I have never been able to pull the trigger on the 35 Lux....

Best of luck, enjoy it and hope to see some images with it soon.

Just throwing this out there. Knowing how much you like the 50 lux and you already had a 35 FLE lux would you even consider the cron?

I have the 35 FLE and I just purchased the 50 Lux. It seems I worked backwards from you.