Welcome to the new forum software

pop

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My preferred iOS App ForumRunner does not seem to work with the new forum.  I get a "parse error" message and no further access.  Is this likely to be fixed or is ForumRunner about to be added to the dustbin of obsolete software?  I am not a great fan of Tapatalk but I guess I can make the effort if there is no other choice.  Thought I would wait until things settle down before mentioning this but it has remained problematic so far.

A couple of questions on the buy and sell part of the forum.

You can mark an advert with watch advert and I was expecting I could then get a selection of the watched adverts (like in the previous version) but I don't seem to find anything like that?

What does the 'watch advert' do then?

In the previous version of the forum, there was also a selection by lens on auctions outside of the forum. Am I correct this is no longer available?

In general, I like the new forum, but I really miss the RSS service for posts.

The only RSS feed I found working on the bottom of the page is the Photo forum sevice.

In the past we could use queries and sub forums to subscribe to different RSS feeds. This greatly reduced the time needed to filter out anything of interest to me.

Maybe it is just me missing them.

Any suggestions?

At first I was uncomfortable with the new forum, but I knew that it was simply the effect of something new.

Every day I find a new impressive feature. If left to my own decisions I could not have made such an excellent choice for new software. Many thanks to Andreas for his outstanding work and insight.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a mobile app just for this forum? ForumRunner does not work, and Tapatalk has been 'improved' to the extent that it is a great bother.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a mobile app just for this forum? ForumRunner does not work, and Tapatalk has been 'improved' to the extent that it is a great bother.

I find the mobile version as provided by this software to be quite usable, and I use it quite often for extended lengths of time. There are very few things I can not do with that.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I find the mobile version as provided by this software to be quite usable, and I use it quite often for extended lengths of time. There are very few things I can not do with that.

What software, please?

Just browse this site with your ordinary browser; on the bottom left hand side of the page select Change Theme/IP.Board Mobile if the browser does not select that style of its own accord.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the forum in English.

Since a couple of days, the mail with the  daily update has as subject line "Deine neue tägliche Beitragsübersicht"

The content is in English though.

A minor glitch but I thought I'd mention it just the same.

By the way, a number of posts ago in this thread (#83), I asked a question about the new Buy & Sell.

Anybody has an answer?