Welcome to the new forum software

pop

Do any of the Admins know if this problem is fixable? It really sucks.

Hi Adam,

It is a Web Filtering service that your company has that is probably blocking access to this site. I have not checked, but this forum may have a different classification to the old forum (right or wrong). Usually though there is a web re-direct that tells you that you are blocked and what to do if you need access to this site or to get it re-classified.

Hope that helps.

Hi Adam,

It is a Web Filtering service that your company has that is probably blocking access to this site. I have not checked, but this forum may have a different classification to the old forum (right or wrong). Usually though there is a web re-direct that tells you that you are blocked and what to do if you need access to this site or to get it re-classified.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Ravi.  I appreciate the information.  It is interesting that while the site works on my office computer and in my employer's wifi zone, it does not work on my blackberry, whether in or out of my office.  As you say, I get a redirect site telling me that the site is forbidden and providing a link to get it reclassified.  I unfortunately don't have the guts to request a reclassification 

so now the software works on my employer-issued blackberry, which is great.  And I like the flow of the new forum quite a bit.  One thing that seems to be a glitch is that the site doesn't remember me when I reopen it like it used to, even when I tell it to keep me logged on.  This occurs with on my work computer, home computer, iPad and blackberry.  can this glitch be fixed?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

so now that i have redeemed my voucher and (I think) restored my premium membership, I still am seeing advertising banners inside the subforums, which include extremely distasteful dating service ads. This is horrible and think it should be fixed, regardless of how much money Andreas gets from this. I won't be a member for long if I have to suffer through exposing myself to this and as well as to members of my family (many of whom are under-aged)!

Andreas - please repond.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam

I also disliked the adverts, but the disappeared once I upgraded my membership back to premium. Did you try logging out and back in again?

I wasn't seeing dating sites though - they were mostly sites based upon my recent browsing habits, so camera stores, guitar shops, and security companies. The advertising companies work out targeted ads by looking at user cookies to see, amongst other things, geographic location and recent searches.

I suppose it is possible that if you accidentally clicked on a dating site in the past (for example from a pop up from another site you visited) you may now have a local cookie that is feeding the advertising preferences. In this case, and if logging out and in again doesn't help, maybe it would be worth clearing out some of your browser cookies in order to reset your advertising preferences?

• Like 2

Hi Adam

I also disliked the adverts, but the disappeared once I upgraded my membership back to premium. Did you try logging out and back in again?

I wasn't seeing dating sites though - they were mostly sites based upon my recent browsing habits, so camera stores, guitar shops, and security companies. The advertising companies work out targeted ads by looking at user cookies to see, amongst other things, geographic location and recent searches.

I suppose it is possible that if you accidentally clicked on a dating site in the past (for example from a pop up from another site you visited) you may now have a local cookie that is feeding the advertising preferences. In this case, and if logging out and in again doesn't help, maybe it would be worth clearing out some of your browser cookies in order to reset your advertising preferences?

Thanks, Simon.  I get those kinds of ads from places that I have patronized on banners onsite outside of this forum.  But until i restored by premium membership I was getting advertising banners seem places that were totally unfamiliar to me.  I am glad that the nonsense stopped once I restored my premium membership.

Seems fine speed-wise here.

One thing that IS different is that when a Mod merges two very similar threads, it will not allow a temporary re-direct from the thread being merged into a larger one, and the title of the merged thread disappears. One to be aware of.

one slight issue i am having is that my ipad is not remembering my log in and is kicking me out every time i relaunch safari. This isnt happening with my home or office computer or BB. 

Go to Settings: Safai: Autofill & Passwords. Check that remember passwords is turned on.

Thanks for the tech support, JD.  I really appreciate your time.  Unfortuantely, these setting are already in place on my ipad, but the website is still kicking me out.  Not only is it kicking me out when I go in and out of Safari, but it kicks me out even when I simply go from one page in the forum to another.  :angry:

Thanks for the tech support, JD.  I really appreciate your time.  Unfortuantely, these setting are already in place on my ipad, but the website is still kicking me out.  Not only is it kicking me out when I go in and out of Safari, but it kicks me out even when I simply go from one page in the forum to another.  :angry:

:(

There are two simple things which I always do in this kind of fix:

• shut down and restart the browser or even better the iPad and
  • clear all cookies in the browser.

Not having access to an iPad, I can't be more specific, I'm afraid.

There are two simple things which I always do in this kind of fix:

• shut down and restart the browser or even better the iPad and
  • clear all cookies in the browser.
Not having access to an iPad, I can't be more specific, I'm afraid.

I would agree with this. I have similar problems with Facebook on Safari, and killing the browser and relaunching it fixes the problem normally.