Welcome to the new forum software

pop

Looks good. I like it. Well done.  :D

And I agree with Thorsten above, about Premium Membership. Wasn't there an email recently about transferring the payments? I can't find it though. Any chance of a reminder?

Thanks.

PS, I just tried to "Like" Philipp (Pop)'s post above, but a little message box told me there was a "problem strong my reputation vote".

Any idea?

Edited by Peter H
  • Like 1

I think the message concerning the payment will be sent some time next week, when the migration is finished. The mail I received from Andreas contained the phrase "During the first days after the move I’m going to offer a reduced price".

There has been a problem with the new "liking" function; initially, the limit was set too low. However, that has been fixed. Anyway, your "like" has been registered with the post and I have been alerted of the fact. Thank you for liking my post. :-)

I just got the message concerning the error while storing the "like". My mouse had some kind of hickups and I clicked twice on the "like" button.

• Like 1

I congratulate the Admin for a super smooth transition.

Such changes were always a challenge to me, and my staff.

This is one very cool change.

I have to come up to speed. For example, I must find out

how to have posts listed from most recent to old.

I am just starting to familiarize myself with this and so i dont want to rush to any judgments. But one very disappointing thing that i do want to note is the forum is no longer accessible via my office computer, nor my employer-owned blackberry, nor my ipad whilst i am in a wifi zone at my office (my employer is one of the largest global banks). The former software worked just fine. This blockage will limit my onlne time very substantially. I dont know what about the new software has caused this. But i suspect that it could be a problem if many others are affected.

Regardless, i am extremely bummed....

• Like 1

Give me some time - I worked 2 days & 1 night in a row.

I had some sleep, will have breakfast and then start over...

There are some issues regarding login and cookies because the domain change isn't registered everywhere (here to).

Will be fixed on Monday I hope...

Andreas

• Like 8

Looks good. I like it. Well done. :D

And I agree with Thorsten above, about Premium Membership. Wasn't there an email recently about transferring the payments? I can't find it though. Any chance of a reminder?

Thanks.

PS, I just tried to "Like" Philipp (Pop)'s post above, but a little message box told me there was a "problem strong my reputation vote".

Any idea?

The main part of the mail you mentioned is below:

Moving the Premium Membership

My plan how to move over:

1. During the migration I’ll record how high your deposit is in the old forum.

2. In the next step I’ll cancel all subscriptions at Paypal and the old forum software. From then on no new payments should will be triggered

3. After that I’ll send you a voucher with your deposit which you can use to start a new premium membership at the new forum software.

During the first days after the move I’m going to offer a reduced price which you can benefit from.

• Like 1

Love the new look, and in particular the drop down look at first and last posts in topics, the Quick Navigation menu and the View New Content shortcut.  With this in mind, it now list all new posts from both language forums and unfortunately I'm not bilingual  :(  I'm not sure if it's possible or desirable, but could this be changed to the default language of the fourm section you are in, thus reducing the amount of posts you have to go through to find the ones you wish to visit.

Either way, great work and thank you  :)

I paid for a Premium membership just a few days before the forum switched over but I am not being allowed the 1000 Kb upload size. What happened?

I am also wondering if there is a way to have a gray, rather than white, background.

Edited by fotografr