My Mandler collection

Marac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've yet to identify any "Mandler Look" despite many threads which purport to show it LOL

I see many interesting lenses but most quite unique. I have 28 v3, 50/2v4, 75Lux, and 135/2.8. I see nothing in common with any of them. The 50cron is the cleanest, the Lux has a dual personality as does the 135/2.8 (but less so). The 28 is an invalid to the 28 cron, with many issues.

No, I should add my 135/2.8 is v3, but I see no optical formula change: is this no longer a "Mandler"?

16864058929_5f3ca4d533_b.jpg

Ready by unoh7, M9 50Cron f/5.6

To me, his 50 Cron V4 tabbed, is the real masterpiece. So small, so great.

I have all those Mandler M lenses except the 75, which I did have (twice) and sold because of the size, weight and finder blockage. I do however have in addition to the 90 T-E, the Mandler 90 Cron (e55), and the 21/2.8.

At one point in the 90's I succumbed to an OD of internet-fostered kool aid and purchased a spate of ASPH lenses (21, 35/2, 35/1.4, 90/2 and 135/3.4). One by one I shot them against my Mandler's and one by one I sold the ASPH's. It's not that I saw something the the Mandler's I liked better, or on the ASPH's I disliked. Simply was a matter of I didn't see enough difference to warrant the extra money. My only regret was not putting them in their boxes and hoarding them another 10 years. Could've turned a tidy little profit.

• Like 2

If that comment is aimed at me, I passed middle age a while ago, but I have loved Leica glass since I was a youth running around with my old ii body and a summaron 50mm, not a lot has changed in my brain.

Inside every old person in a young person wondering what the hell happened. ;)

However, if you are referring to the almost naked guy on the ski's, Im afraid I can offer no explanation at all. :)

Edited by Marac
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...