No more GAS for me!

IkarusJohn

Even the benighted (by some) Leica T is fantastic - it takes very good pictures, and is useful when I'm riding my motorbike, hiking or otherwise in the outdoors wanting something small, AF and zoom, that will take M lenses for macro if I want it.

Cheers

John

John, all the Kiwis I know don't hike, they go TRAMPING.

• Like 1

John, all the Kiwis I know don't hike, they go TRAMPING.

Peanut Slab to you, Alan. I was internationalising my language.

Al, the thread was started AFTER I bought the M60. Now, I'm on the bones of my ass. Alan will explain that! As for chimping with the Monochrom, it's an easily broken habit. Having said that, if I've taken the time to set up a landscape shot, I will often check the histogram. If I remember ...

Edited by IkarusJohn

• 2 weeks later...

It is not just photographers who have GAS.  My wife attended a pastels workshop in Seattle, Washington this past weekend.  She mentioned that there was an opportunity to buy all sorts of painting and drawing supplies.  She noted that it is ridiculous how much equipment all the other pastel artists brought with them--"they couldn't possibly use it all."

I note that before she took up pastels, I was the recipient of most of the UPS packages from Amazon and mail order photo dealers.  It is now 50/50.

GAS comes with any hobby, passion, or career.  Once you start to take something seriously and put all sorts of time in it, you starting bulking up.  And as I have said before, most people realize that all the gear in the world will not make them better at what they do, but it is part of the experience and it is fun.

• Like 1