So far no issues with the M-A!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can report that my right thumb has acquired callous after shooting an average of 5 rolls per week for the past 5 months. :cool:

Here.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I can report that my right thumb has acquired callous after shooting an average of 5 rolls per week for the past 5 months. :cool:
So the film transport is a bit stiff? Send it in to Leica...:p
  • Like 1

Which was why I couldnt get on with the M6 Classic. Clearly intended for people who primarily use aperture to clinch exposure :(

M-A arrived last week, and shot through my first roll of Tri-X.

So far, I can report:

• No lock-ups
  • No metering problems

Report back in 20 years

Out of 2 M8s and 5 M9s (don't ask) I only had an issue with a corroded sensor once.

I have had no issues with 2 M240s.

Additionally out of 2 M7s, one needed a service on the film wind.

Not sure if my sample is statistically significant :o:D

Edited by colonel

Just wait until the complaints start rolling in about dust, tramlines and fingerprints in the raw file...

...and that awful grit all over the images although it does vary depending on which of those interchangeable small-capacity sensors one uses.

I think the marketing people suggested it be called 'grain' which sounds much more exclusive & boutique than 'noise', but we know better.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 2

Just wait until the complaints start rolling in about dust, tramlines and fingerprints in the raw file...

Jaap - if and when this occurs, Leica can simply refer people a thread in the Film Forum (strarted by yours truly) which, after interesting insights, ultimately recommends a combination of Dust off plus compressed air and an Ilford orange anti-dust cloth. This will rightfully empower the photographer to deal with this issue in a way that makes digital sensor cleaning seem like brain surgery :)

• Like 1

Yep, great camera. So good, they remade it, with an updated rangefinder. I suspect this is a camera Leica will continue to make for a long time.

Is it my impression or it has the rewinding knob of the M3 and not the lever of the M4? However, it would have been cool to have a 1/2000s speed and a spotmeter similar to the M5.

Oh yes, a 1:1 finder would also be very welcome!

Edited by Cuthbert

• 2 weeks later...

IkarusJohn, are you still using the M60 along side the M-A?

I bought an M-A in December and really enjoy it. I particularly like the fully visible 28mm frame lines. But in reality, the practical considerations were outweighed by the emotional ones. I liked that Leica made this camera, I think both the silver and the black are as beautiful as Leica have ever made, and I liked the idea of owning one from brand new. (I opted for black).

Out of curiosity, are you metering by eye, using an attached meter, or a handheld meter / phone app?

FrozenInTime - one of the best quips on here in a while!