Grip for Leica MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I am looking desperately for a Leica grip Reference : 14405 for my Leica MP.

Do you know where I can buy it ?

In the 2015 catalog , the reference no longer exists :mad:

If you have an address of a Leica center which has the grip , please let me know .

And if you have a new or in very good condition and you do not use , send me a PM.

Thank you very much :)

Best

Henry

• Like 4

Henry, there are loads of these on ebay if you can't find one from a dealer or forum member. It's a useful accessory that I sometimes fit on my M cameras, depending upon my mood.

Ian thank you for your message. I'll wait if there are any proposals.

Best

Henry

Doc, choosing the correct hand-grip is like choosing underwear. Some works for the everyman, one works for you. Leica's grip is okay. I put up with extra weight and bulk with Really Right Stuff. It is not for everyone! Leica chose a very good every-fit.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Doc, choosing the correct hand-grip is like choosing underwear. Some works for the everyman, one works for you. Leica's grip is okay. I put up with extra weight and bulk with Really Right Stuff. It is not for everyone! Leica chose a very good every-fit.

Pico thanks for your message.

Yes Pico , my M7 have already grip and now I want a second for my new MP :)

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/2775918-post1.html

Best

Henry

Hi Doc I looked under meister-Camera.com in leica m Zubehör and there they show the grip for film M. I have mine bought from Foto Wannack HAmburg 2.hand - but you have to call them, no list on Internet. But most of my gear I have from Meister Hamburg/Berlin. always very competent, fast, friendly and competitive.

• Like 1

Grips on Leica M's seem to be a bit of a thorny subject for some, but I always use one. It goes back to when I used Noctilux lenses and I much prefer the handling of my MP with a grip than without, even with smaller lenses.

I bought this wooden grip at the same time I bought my MP and it's permanently fitted to my camera. Compared to the Leica Grip M, it feels better and, to me, looks better on the camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I had that 14405 grip for my M6, I bought it used from Adorama. I've also seen them in B&H's used section before as well. My used copy had seen a bit of usage and the leatherette had less grip than I would have liked.

FWIW, when I bought my MP I went with a leicavit instead of the 14405 grip. I much prefer the leicavit over the 14405 grip in terms of ergonomics, the added length ensures that my pinky has firm grip on the base plate. I rarely use the rapid winder (but when I do I'm glad it's there) but for me the added ergonomics justified the cost.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Grips on Leica M's seem to be a bit of a thorny subject for some, but I always use one. It goes back to when I used Noctilux lenses and I much prefer the handling of my MP with a grip than without, even with smaller lenses.

I bought this wooden grip at the same time I bought my MP and it's permanently fitted to my camera. Compared to the Leica Grip M, it feels better and, to me, looks better on the camera.

Beautiful wooden grip Honcho :)

Thanks for the suggestion and for your message

Best

Henry

• Like 1

I had that 14405 grip for my M6, I bought it used from Adorama. I've also seen them in B&H's used section before as well. My used copy had seen a bit of usage and the leatherette had less grip than I would have liked.

FWIW, when I bought my MP I went with a leicavit instead of the 14405 grip. I much prefer the leicavit over the 14405 grip in terms of ergonomics, the added length ensures that my pinky has firm grip on the base plate. I rarely use the rapid winder (but when I do I'm glad it's there) but for me the added ergonomics justified the cost.

Hi Mijo, thanks for your post.

I called several Leica Store in France and Germany. They all sold their grip even used ie the foam is cracked

I will look to cheaper Chinese handles :

FOR Leica Hand Grip M Camera NEW | eBay

Best

Henry

It does look rather nice, not that you'd ever see one on any of my cameras. Steve Huff has a review now about an alternative wooden grip that doesn't look as good, but how long is it before we have posts starting 'My Leica has woodworm!' :-)

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, today I received after about 15 days my chinese grip .

This is exactly the same grip as Leica but with an additional hole in the middle to screw the tripod

Here's a photo .

The one made in China is behind (for my MP) , the first one in front is from Leica (ref 14 405) for my M7 (I bought new few years ago)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica M8 - MacroElmar 90

Some remarks:

Same build quality, I suspect that this is the same factory that manufactures it , but with a great advantage, that is 1/3 of the price (43 Euros vs 130E).

This is the first time,  I buy a product not original Leica, but as Leica abandoned analog cameras (but yet released the M-A) and stopped selling the grip, I must found elsewhere. 

But , if you buy a second hand Leica grip , attention to the black foam for cracks and disintegration of the foam (too old and overused) !

This grip is small and fits nicely in the hand. I no longer use the straps because metal part of the strap scratch my camera when I put in my Billingham bag.

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1