Two Heiland Splitgrade Questions

M9reno

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've just started using a version 2 Heiland automatic splitgrade system on my V35. The results have been great. Two questions:

1. Why in the world is the console light bright green (particularly given then they've taken the care to make the buttons red-illuminated)? On the current firmware there seems to be no way to dim or switch it off, and the screw on the left side simply controls the display contrast, not brightness. Do people just cover the screen?

2. I'm curious about starting color printing in the near future. Here, too, paper is expensive and extensive trial and error methods undesirable. Is there an equivalent to the practically foolproof Heiland in the world of color analysers?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

There is no need for dimming. And indeed you can control the contrast with the potentiometer. The backlight is no problem with not one paper but you can switch it off.

In color analyzers I can recommend the FEM-Kunze CFL-4012 color analyzer with positiv densitometer. It has a CosY measurement, so with darkroom lights on (*Sodium high pressure lights you can not switch on/off/on). With the adapter you can calibrate the analyser itself on each paper. But maybe FEM-Kunze is going out of business during this year because Mr. Kunze is short on his pension.

• Like 1