Strange Visoflex Variation

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Now that Pecole has just posted some pictures of the 3 lens turret (OROLF)... I do wonder if the item in the above picture is indeed a "standard" OROLF, not a special Visoflex version as I thought.... the attachment (to the Viso instead to the Leica body) can be about the same... and the lenses shown above are all of the "short mount" version which means that the thickness of the front part of the turret is also the same as in the OROLF... my only doubt is that the OROLF has a M baseplate (to mount onto the M body, deprived of its standard baseplate) that seems "permanently attached" to it... obviously is a separate component, but isn't clear to me (have not an OROLF... :o) if and how it can be removed , to mount the Viso body.

Looks like that Luigi, the Viso is fixed in place of the M base plate,

have you noticed on Pecole first pict how the closure of the base plate to the M body is assured ?

here under an illustration about :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jc_braconi

Looks like that Luigi, the Viso is fixed in place of the M base plate,

have you noticed on Pecole first pict how the closure of the base plate to the M body is assured ?

here under an illustration about :

Yes, I noticed that lever... easier to handle than the traditional closure, indeed... and how is that baseplate attached to the turret ? Does it look soldered or similar ?

Yes, I noticed that lever... easier to handle than the traditional closure, indeed... and how is that baseplate attached to the turret ? Does it look soldered or similar ?

I do not have an OROLF but I think it is screwed, for me it makes sense, but Pierre can inlight us about.