Survey: Your Advice To The New Leica CEO

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One strength to retain is the Barnack principle - keep the quality high and the form and weight small. Optics should be the world's best within a size / weight constraint. The 50mm APO lens is the example that comes to mind.

+1

We need a RF in the M6 footprint or even smaller, and a very small M field camera, tough, with EVF.

Where is the FF digital Barnack?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caro CEO,

sono svizzero, amante di Leica, possiedo una III del 1933 e una 240 type/35 summilux.

Vorrei acquistare la nuova Q che mi sembra sulla carta un macchina intelligente.

Ecco la domanda :

Perchè devo pagare la " Q "   4000 franchi svizzeri quando un cliente tedesco o un cliente italiano la pagano solo 3000 euro?

Le sembra corretto da parte di Leica, inoltre obbliga noi svizzeri a comprarla in Italia o Germania.

La saluto augurandoLe buon lavoro e successo con i prodotti Leica.

Guido Pasquali

Via Motta, 16

6830 Chiasso

Svizzera

Caro CEO,

sono svizzero, amante di Leica, possiedo una III del 1933 e una 240 type/35 summilux.

Vorrei acquistare la nuova Q che mi sembra sulla carta un macchina intelligente.

Ecco la domanda :

Perchè devo pagare la " Q "   4000 franchi svizzeri quando un cliente tedesco o un cliente italiano la pagano solo 3000 euro?

Le sembra corretto da parte di Leica, inoltre obbliga noi svizzeri a comprarla in Italia o Germania.

La saluto augurandoLe buon lavoro e successo con i prodotti Leica.

Guido Pasquali

Via Motta, 16

6830 Chiasso

Svizzera

Scolta cocolo, scrivo in triestin visto che te scrivi in italian su un forum in inglese.

La Leica Q te la trovi a meno in Svizera che in Italia. Guarda ben.

Dio.

Paolo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mister Pasquali, I'm writing you in my own language (from Triest), pardon me if I'm not using the standard International Forum Language. I'm sure that your compliant could be outdated by a Google research of the actual price of the Q in Switzerland.

My truly best regards.

Paolo

• 3 weeks later...

Been there, done that but obviously not with Leica of course! You have my best wishes and my sympathy...

Best advice I can offer is to take your time to clarify and research what you intend the company to be and to fulfill. Then very clearly communicate that both internally and externally. That way your client base will be guided and not left guessing or worse - become misled and secondly your developments will follow the brief and not appear to be haphazard. Don't be afraid to speak publicly about these plans too - that lesson can be learned from Fuji here.

Oh and do make sure that all your plans are affordable and technically deliverable too.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Upgrade or delegate more to the local distributor to fix the equipment, no need to send back to Germany even my 0.95 hood is too loose.

2nd, Leica is a premium brand but even not up to Nikon service. I expect the local distributor people are well trained but everytime when I report problems, most of the time will ignore me and

I need to contact Germany. It is not even a basic service level an ordinary brand may provide.

Edited by rocheung
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that Leica's high pricing is completely dependant on high pricing in the used market.  High prices can only be sustained if cost of ownership is kept low.  End-of-line sales kill second hand values.

Enjoy your new job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An obvious thought, but could Leica cameras be built to order mirroring the automotive industry, not just ala carte but when you move away from the standard configurations you can have a little more choice, it's more personal, it can support options that might not be available (e.g, video, no video). I also wonder if different payment options perhaps mirroring the auto industry might support sales, a camera and two lenses is not far away from a modest car !

Not lists of options obviously