Post misread and removed

atournas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I posted a question about the 80-200mm f/4 that was removed, apparently by a moderator who wrongly took it as a sale post. Perhaps because someone expressed an interest to buy it, to whom I did NOT answer.

My question was different--I wanted to know if the lens is in demand, so I could consider advertising it in the right page! A no-brainer plain post. I would appreciate If I could have it reposted.

Paul

I reviewed the post ( not removed by me) and I agree with the moderator that it reads like an ad. Could you start a new thread with a less a ambivalent post please

Come to think of it, you just did;)

The 80-200/4 ROM is a great lens; some view it as a mini 70-180 APO. It has excellent performance and is one the Leica lens "bargains". It's in demand at the moment from M240 owners.

Charlie, thank you. My feelings exactly for that lens. I won't be surprised with myself if I keep it in the end!

I reviewed the post ( not removed by me) and I agree with the moderator that it reads like an ad. Could you start a new thread with a less a ambivalent post please

Come to think of it, you just did;)

Thanks, Jaap, I think the matter has been settled.

Paul

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy the 80-200 rom f/4 on my R8 and M240...

Here are some examples:

Digital with M (Typ 240):

Film with R8:

I really like the lens in general, but the focus ring is so light that sometime focus shifts by just aiming the lens down a bit.... so you really have to keep your fingers on the focus ring and keep it still. Might be my copy but I bought it brand new in the box never used so I think this is how the lens behaves when new...

Edited by jip