Only one lens...

Rick

• 5 weeks later...

35mm Summicron   this assumes I have to choose a lens already in my bag

but I could be happy with any lens...it's kind of a game, give me a lens I'll make pictures.

I am also fortunate ....I don't have a fortune to lose;-) 

• Like 1

You lost your entire fortune and were only allowed to keep one M-body and one lens. You know you will never be able to buy another lens. What lens would you choose to use for the rest of your life.

I'd have my 1972 Summilux 35 f/1.4 v2. 

Interesting question! Since getting an M4-P a long while ago, I only had a 35mm Summicron (v4) - I never thought about any other focal length. I had film Nikons and various lenses..now a Nikon digital and a 18mm-200mm zoom. Now with my M9-P I still think 35mm is just right. I also have a 50mm Summitar from 1939 with an M mount but don't use it very much. If allowed to keep one lens, however, it would be the Summitar: my father used it on his iiib.

Revising my previous choice from the 28mm/2.8 Elmarit ASPH, to the Zeiss 35mm/1.4 Distagon ZM. A fantastic, versatile lens.

24487715749_267597d31a_b.jpg

Under the Zakim Bridge, Boston, Massachusetts, MMXVI by Steven Keirstead, on Flickr

24829724886_a606c7a6dc_b.jpg

Dogs and Owners, Blackstone Square Park, Boston, MA, 2016 by Steven Keirstead, on Flickr

Edited by sdk