Filson Rucksack for your M camera

Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got an F-Stop Loka backpack last year. It's a bigger size category than the Filson bag, but it attracted me both for its suitability for extended walking trips, and as fitting within airline cabin baggage limits. I've just used it for a 10 day (non-walking) trip, and found it great for the air travel bit: I carried around 10kg to/from and around the airports, and it gave me no discomfort. I have yet to use it for extended walking. I got the small insert with it, but for this trip I used instead my normal small (custom leather) shoulder bag (about the size of the Domke F5XB) as an insert in the rucksack and as a bag for walking round the city while away. Having access to the insert through the back of the Loka instead of the top makes going through security much easier, when they ask you what those large lumps of metal in your bag are :rolleyes:.

I like the F-Stop bags, particularly the Guru. However, rather than getting the Guru, I ended up with one of these, which carries my M kit and doodads nicely for when I want to take everything:

Tenba Discovery: Large Photo/Laptop Daypack (Sage/Khaki) 637-332

I like the light color for summer when it is 85F (29C) and hotter.

Edited by Carlos Danger

• 1 year later...

I just got a Croots Byland cartridge bag, fits the SL/21mm and one other lens. For the times when I don't want to use my Billingham Rucksack 35, which I think must be the new version of the older rucksack they used to produce.

• 4 weeks later...

Filson does make some really splendid gear. For a rather short time some years ago Billingham made a very nice rucksack also, of which I am the proud owner of one.

They're back, or will be shortly:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1266041&gclid=CjwKEAjwltC9BRDRvMfD2N66nlISJACq8591aHHvSObpWxlaDIHDOTlLMsBdIL0tydesvxDKso7BkRoCsv7w_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C116777138042%2C&A=details&Q=

:D

Edited by Carlos Danger