Last minute London New Year's day meeting

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My apologies in advance for the short notice but I thought I'd see if anyone would like to meet up on New Year's Day after London's New Year's Day Parade? The Parade starts at Piccadilly Circus at midday and finishes near Big Ben at around 3 pm.

I'm not planning to shoot the whole route so I'll be in The Chandos from 2 pm to warm up, have a bite to eat perhaps and to 're-hydrate'. All forum members are very welcome to join me to catch up, talk a bit of enjoyable nonsense, or have a bit of a grumble if you feel inclined.:D If you think you might like to come along then please drop a reply in this thread and if you'd like my mobile number to stay in touch then please PM me.

Pete.

Dear Pete, many thanks for your message about this. We have visitors for the week and I may be tied up on Thursday afternoon. On the other hand, they may be entertaining themselves, and I may be able to get away. I'll let you know as soon as the picture clears. All best, John

• Like 1

We need a bit more notice, Pete :D:D:D

Sorry about that, Gibbo, I'll ask them to hold New Year's Day a bit later next year if that'd help.:p Sad that you won't be able to come but I hope you and Lynn have a pleasant (and hangover-free) day regardless.

Pete.

• Like 1

Crikey, you're not wrong there. Next time Pete...................

HNY anyway.

Gary

Fair enough, Gary, you got 12 hours less notice than Gibbo. That'll teach you Kiwis for being so far ahead of the rest of the world.:D (Except the cheating Kermedec Islands of course!)

Pete.

Cheers Pete, and maybe even 13 hours, we are on "Daylight Time".

Nice to have a bit of banter, I see a few of the recent threads with barbs, and it needs to be a light-hearted time of year, it's stressful enough as it is.

All the best.

Gary

• Like 1

My apologies again for the short notice but thanks to Falstaff, Gravastar, Chuck Albertson and newnew for making it along to the Chandos; I had a very pleasant day and I thought that the New Year's Day Parade was well worthwhile.

Pete.

• Like 5