leitz wetzlar summilux R 80mm f1.4

beekan

The 80 f1.4 is one of the best Leica R lenses made. It is sharp at 1.4 but only in the very center. Stop it down to f2 and it is a remarkable portrait lens. For stills or video, it is the lens at the 80-100 focal length to have. Natural skin tones, super smooth bokeh. I'll never sell mine.

• Like 5

by the way do you have any link to see sample images from taken this lens ?

R 80 1.4 ROM, both taken on an M240. A real landmark Leica lens, although I no longer have mine, relying on my 75 Summilux instead.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Hi,i am from Turkey, i really get excited buying this lens 3 weeks a go from chezh republic ,it comes to istanbul in 2 days with fedex but custom at airport keep my leitz weztlar summilux f1.4,now can not get it from custom because they said it is import item and want to much tax and documents,what a shame that i have to returned the item to seller :((( ,

Hi,i am from Turkey, i really get excited buying this lens 3 weeks a go from chezh republic ,it comes to istanbul in 2 days with fedex but custom at airport keep my leitz weztlar summilux f1.4,now can not get it from custom because they said it is import item and want to much tax and documents,what a shame that i have to returned the item to seller :((( ,

That's a pity. How frustrating. Import taxes are a real trap and in some cases can turn an apparent bargain into an unaffordable purchase.

I hope you find another one, in Turkey perhaps.

• Like 1

Hello ;

i talk with the seller and i talk with the mail company ,it will returned my lens to the seller,seller will send me again with another mail company , i saw he is selling same lens but optic look much cleaner than the my first purchased, so i told him the exchange the first lens with the this lens ,he said ok and will send me the lens which is i am posting pictures bellow ,any opinion please help i should get the first purchased or the photos down bellow lens?the serial numbers makes any difference between the lenses, serial number on the lenses and fist purchased photos on first comment and exchange one down bellow.

thank you

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello ;

i talk with the seller and i talk with the mail company ,it will returned my lens to the seller,seller will send me again with another mail company , i saw he is selling same lens but optic look much cleaner than the my first purchased, so i told him the exchange the first lens with the this lens ,he said ok and will send me the lens which is i am posting pictures bellow ,any opinion please help i should get the first purchased or the photos down bellow lens?the serial numbers makes any difference between the lenses, serial number on the lenses and fist purchased photos on first comment and exchange one down bellow.

thank you

I recently purchased a backup copy of the 80 for about USD 850, which is quite a bargain. Aside from some very minor optical blemishes, the filter thread is bent and doesn't take filters (this wasn't disclosed to me by the seller).

You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leica R8

Sunmilux-R 80mm

ILFORD FP4+

• Like 1

The glass seems to be pristine.  Who cares about the focusing ring esthetics!

Guy

The focus ring is rubber. That one shown would benefit from some Plastic/Rubber dressing. (Armor All or similar)

Not sure about the metal parts but if the glass is clean that's good.

Edited by sc_rufctr

• 2 weeks later...

Another shot to keep you guys drooling!

:)

Leica R8

Summilux-R 1:1,4/80mm

Kodak Portra 400

• Like 5

• 2 months later...