How are you going to take your Leica D-lux 109?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Tomorrow I will have D-lux 109.

In principle I like this case.

[ATTACH]470367[/ATTACH]

Want to show your opinion and as bears his D-lux 109 ..

Thank you

....the lenscover looks like the lid of a cookie jar....... :D

My Leica case Code 18821 arrived today.

L1000260.jpg

L1000262.jpg

It comes complete with a shoulder strap. The D-Lux fits into the padded interior very nicely but there is not much room for a wrist strap. I have a Gordy strap but it is a bit too thick and stiff to fit into the case. I will have to look for a thinner more flexible wrist strap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Leica case Code 18821 have arrived today via Royal Mail from Richard Caplan.

I am disappointed that it does not have a slot for the Waist Belt as I have in my leather case for my DLux5. I prefer to have the Dlux on my waist belt.

So I have decide to sell of this well made nice leather case. :mad:

The Leica case Code 18821 have arrived today via Royal Mail from Richard Caplan.

I am disappointed that it does not have a slot for the Waist Belt as I have in my leather case for my DLux5. I prefer to have the Dlux on my waist belt.

So I have decide to sell of this well made nice leather case. :mad:

I had the same reaction when my dealer showed me one. I considered adding a belt loop to the rear by cutting a strip from my D-Lux 5 case and gluing and rivetting or having a leather shop stitch it in place. Not decided yet but the DL109 is too bulky for a trouser pocket and tight in a jacket pocket so it would be a reasonable compromise..

Pete.

The new D-Lux is an awkward shape and size being too big to fit comfortably in a pocket. I have an inexpensive belt pouch which is about the smallest size that will take the D-Lux but it feels uncomfortably bulky in use. I have settled for the 18821 used with its shoulder strap and I am looking out for a small leather accessory pouch for the little flash to be attached to the shoulder strap.

re cases, I have a Lowepro D-RES 25AW pouch which I have been using for a small Olympus C-765 camera for several years so I am hoping my Type 109 will fit that. It can be either hung on a strap or slotted on to a belt. A bit bulky, perhaps, but I shall try that when I get my camera before looking elsewhere.

Richard

The new D-Lux is an awkward shape and size being too big to fit comfortably in a pocket. I have an inexpensive belt pouch which is about the smallest size that will take the D-Lux but it feels uncomfortably bulky in use. I have settled for the 18821 used with its shoulder strap and I am looking out for a small leather accessory pouch for the little flash to be attached to the shoulder strap.

Does the neck strap that comes with the camera fit into the 18821 case?? Has anyone seen the 18820 half case??

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that I am going to ask for it.

What do you think?...

Gariz HG Dluxbk Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Black for Leica D Lux Typ 109 | eBay

Does the neck strap that comes with the camera fit into the 18821 case?? Has anyone seen the 18820 half case??

No, unless you folded it very neatly. I use a small wrist strap which does fit in quite easily. I have a Gordy wrist strap but it is too thick and stiff to fit. There is very little spare space in the case.

It seems to me that I am going to ask for it.

What do you think?...

[ATTACH]479322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]479323[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]479324[/ATTACH]

Gariz HG Dluxbk Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Black for Leica D Lux Typ 109 | eBay

I just got one of these. The battery compartment does not pop open and I worry that I will damage it by using my finger to open it. Waiting to hear form Seller in CA, will be shipping it back. Happy I did not order from Korea

I just got one of these. The battery compartment does not pop open and I worry that I will damage it by using my finger to open it. Waiting to hear form Seller in CA, will be shipping it back. Happy I did not order from Korea

There seems to be sufficient space..:

The mia, i hope receive it soon.

Please expand on this as I was just buying one myself - why would it damage the camera if you use your finger to open the battery door. From the photo, it looks like the door opens freely without contacting the bottom plate of the case. Thanks

I gather Leicatime are finishing up their case for the 109.

I have a strap on order with them but beware... IF you choose their quick release straps, the hook is too big to go in the eye on the side of the 109. So mine has gone back for a change of strap ends.

have just received this:

Leica Protector D-LUX (Typ 109), leather, cognac - Red Dot Cameras

Really like it,

Cheers, Bernd

Now we have this and also the Gariz one.

I'm also in for a half-case but can't decide between these two.

From picture I like the Leica one but how is admission to battery and card?

How does it look on the backside? How does it fit to camera?

I bought the GARIZ cover

• Like 2

Now we have this and also the Gariz one.

I'm also in for a half-case but can't decide between these two.

From picture I like the Leica one but how is admission to battery and card?

How does it look on the backside? How does it fit to camera?

It fits really nice and is worthy of the Leica label. But it has no door to change memory card and/or battery. However, it is no big deal to take it of to change the battery and put it back on.

Cheers, Bernd

It fits really nice and is worthy of the Leica label. But it has no door to change memory card and/or battery. However, it is no big deal to take it of to change the battery and put it back on.

Cheers, Bernd

Do you need to take of the neck strap?

Is there any protection on the back side?

Can you mount the camera on a three-pod?

How is it fitted to the camera?