Leica C Images - Post Them Here

• 1 month later...

It has been a while...  A view across the River Douro of the Real Monasterio de Santa Clara at Tordesillas in Spain.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone for a shower?  Leica C .rwl converted with AnalogEfex for an 'old colour film' look.  

• Like 3

I am so pleased to have found this thread again so shall try to remember how I got back here.

My C is going well, and as anticipated I use it for spontaneous shots at specific events. Very pleased indeed with results but I do not have anything suitable for posting here.

The new format forum is certainly not easy to navigate around for occasional visitors.

Now I am back I'll keep my eye on this thread...............if I can find it again.

Richard  PS.....Sorry Keith, but the elephant image is not for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I´m also very pleased to have found this little thread about the mighty Leica C.  :)

To give Ric and Keith a little support, I am glad to post some photos taken with the Leica C as well. I´m going to start with 2 b/w-photos of a shopping mall in Germany.

Shopping Mall 1

Shopping Mall 2

• Like 2

And to finish it off for today:

Lamp

Windows

• Like 4

Time to add two colour photos - one macro shot and one shot postprocessed with Analog Effex Pro 2

Rose

Old Barber Shop

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much Philipp. I have bookmarked the page now so that I shall not lose it again. I have been so disappointed in recent weeks not being able to find the thread again. I realise the need for change and update - it was just a shame that such a narrow view of interested parties was taken at that time.

Even just working through the pages of this thread shows the exquisite quality which this tiny camera produces. It IS a Leica after all and really does not deserve to be sidelined so far away from the "big boys".

Now I have been reunited with the thread I shall hang in here.

Richard

• Like 2

Taken earlier this year at the National Trust's Avebury Manor.  I see from the exif that it taken at 1/13th second (hand-held).  

• Like 2

You see, Keith, the difference between you and me is that you have the gift of composition perception whereas I just take what I like. I envy that skill which I guess is just in-built with each person. I have tried several times through books and images on this site to improve my own skill but my reaction to the images is usually "Why could I not have shot that image".

Either way, everything on this thread demonstrates the power and excellence of the C. I have had the general email from Leica to-day promoting the new Q, but I'll stick with my C for spontaneous shooting.

Richard

You see, Keith, the difference between you and me is that you have the gift of composition perception whereas I just take what I like. 

Richard

Blush! However the truth of the matter is that there is no difference - I too take just what I like.  My only skill (if it can be called that) in matters compositional comes from assiduous study of the works of acknowledged masters of the genre as I certainly have a complete lack of gifts, artistic or otherwise.  But I do thank you for your kind words!

View through an ancient window.  Avebury Manor in early March.

• Like 1

The church at Cunault, on the south bank of the Loire west of Saumur, France.  Not bad for a shirt-pocket camera!

• Like 2

Another couple of stunners, Keith.

Was the "through the window" shot in B/W or changed later?

The detail and colours of the stone in the Church interior are so vivid.

I am off to the Alps and Dolomites in a couple of weeks so should have plenty of opportunities to use my C alongside my trusty V-Lux.

When I get back I'll perhaps try to work out how to post some images here.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Keith
Now back from our mountains trip I must say how absolutely delighted I have been with my new C. I carried it with me always. I took several comparison shots with my V-Lux1 and (on the little screens at least) the C shone through each time particularly with macro type shots of flowers. No bother with white balance settings either - the little C just did its thing.
I got caught out on one occasion when trying a macro shot of a tiny gentian flower when I wanted to use the deepest macro setting but the C told me to focus manually. Foiled! I had taken the little basic handbook with me but the deeper instructions are, of course, on my computer at home. Even so, I gave it a go and the colour capture seems much better than the V-Lux1. I guess technology has come a long way in the last 10 years since my V-Lux1 was made. In fact, When I have downloaded pictures from the whole trip and analysed the results I'll try to post some comparisons on the C thread.
The way I feel at the moment is that I might well carry my C as my prime camera with V as the standby instead of vice versa. The V seems so clumsy now, apart from the fact that my little C tells me I have 6,000+ shots left instead of the V's 166 (raw).

Richard

• Like 1

Have been travelling sans wi-fi for the last month.  Now have a connection, so an example Spanish lively beach panorama (cropped).  The C really is ideal for stuffing into one's shorts pocket when out & about for a seaside stroll.

• Like 1

No swimming!  

• Like 3