Leica Fotopark

DigitalHeMan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

@Carlos

I have had a couple of issues, though:   I cannot figure out how to change the order that the photos are presented in; ...

Under "All photos" your photos are ordered chronologically. This is how others will see your photos.

At the moment "My Projects" is only available for your own organization. You can't share whole projects with others yet.

But here it is possible to change the order of photos in the organization tool. Just drag&drop the photos to their desired position.

...also, under My Projects, the website thinks I have 11 images uploaded; when you click on All Photos, 12 show up; it makes no sense.

This is most likely because you only added 11 of your twelve photos to your project.

@mnutzer

It seems that your strict browser settings also disabled JavaScript. The Upload pages loads the additional "DropBox" plugin with this.

Without enabled JavaScript the page will stuck in an endless loop like you described.

Best

Ansgar Wehnge

Community Manager - Leica Fotopark

Ansgar,

How many active users and how many images are on fotopark now? I haven't found reason to login again since my early beta experiences, and am just wondering to see if any sense of community has been built there yet?

I loaded six photoa to the Leica Footpark yesterday. I found one problem. I couldn't write enough tags to some of the photos. Many photos took the tags I wrote, but not all photos. Very strange. - vintola -

Hi all,

@Carlos

Under "All photos" your photos are ordered chronologically. This is how others will see your photos.

At the moment "My Projects" is only available for your own organization. You can't share whole projects with others yet.

But here it is possible to change the order of photos in the organization tool. Just drag&drop the photos to their desired position.

This is most likely because you only added 11 of your twelve photos to your project.

@mnutzer

It seems that your strict browser settings also disabled JavaScript. The Upload pages loads the additional "DropBox" plugin with this.

Without enabled JavaScript the page will stuck in an endless loop like you described.

Best

Ansgar Wehnge

Community Manager - Leica Fotopark

@Ansgar,

I tried your suggestions, but with no success.  Drag & drop does not re-order the photos when I am in My Projects.  I also tried uploading the missing photo while I was in My Projects.  No joy.  Yet the one photo missing from My Projects still appears in All Photos. 

I can make no sense of these results...

Edited by Carlos Danger

@Ansgar,

I tried your suggestions, but with no success.  Drag & drop does not re-order the photos when I am in My Projects.  I also tried uploading the missing photo while I was in My Projects.  No joy.  Yet the one photo missing from My Projects still appears in All Photos. 

I can make no sense of these results...

Hi Carlos,

Did you use the organization tool under "MY PHOTOS / ORGANIZE PHOTOS"?

Please note the screen capture below to see how it works.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You can also use drag&drop to add a particular image to a project or use the "traditional" way by editing the photo metadata

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ansgar,

How many active users and how many images are on fotopark now? I haven't found reason to login again since my early beta experiences, and am just wondering to see if any sense of community has been built there yet?

Hi again,

Just take a look and log on again. You will see that we already have a lot of heavy users. Please understand that I can't give you exact numbers.

More problems with the Leica Fotopark. Some photos have disappeared and some photos have come there twice. 

There could be several reasons for this.

In which view does this occure? Organization or on your photowall under MY PHOTOS?

It is OK if there are any questions on how to use the Leica Fotopark and about particular features, but I think it is not the best idea to turn this thread into a pure support thread and to discuss every single case. So feel free to contact me under service@leica-fotopark.com whenever there are issues. You can also use the feedback collector on the right side of the website (little blue flag).

Hi again,

Just take a look and log on again. You will see that we already have a lot of heavy users. Please understand that I can't give you exact numbers.

There could be several reasons for this.

In which view does this occure? Organization or on your photowall under MY PHOTOS?

It has happened in both views, "all photos" & "my photos". It happened several times.  - vintola -

Edited by vintola

I have revisited the Fotopark, re-registered (my original registration when the site was first announced last year has been lost) and uploaded a set of images as a trial.

I have to say that progress on site development seems to have been remarkably slow in the last six months. It is disappointing that you cannot present your images to the wider world in the order you choose, nor (if I understand the posts above) can you present them grouped as a project. Giving images titles is clunky (I had carefully given all the images appropriate file names before uploading, but these were ignored). In the Organiser, titles do not seem to be displayed.

I would like to direct people from my own website to Fotopark as a way to offer high quality prints they can order themselves: it looks like this is not possible unless they register as members of the site, and there is no mechanism for making sales payments to members. I hope this changes in future.

Given the precision in German business culture in the use of personal titles (which I have no problem with per se), I suggest that when entering personal data we should be offered more choice than "Mr" and "Woman" :p

I like the clean interface and have high hopes of what the Fotopark can be used for but.....please, get a move on!

I shall make feedback through the site itself, so these comments are for info for LUF members.

Fotopark doesm't take all the tags still not yet. Only some. Most curious is that it accepts the same tag for some photos, but not for some others. It is broken, let's hope that somebody can fix it. - vintola -

Edited by vintola

For info, I have had email responses to my feedback left on the Fotopark website in which I listed problems; the emails said they are on the list for fixing. So although comments/criticisms here are useful and benefit othjer forum members, it is probably worth making your point via the feedback system as well time will tell!

• Like 1

Fotopark doesm't take all the tags still not yet. Only some. Most curious is that it accepts the same tag for some photos, but not for some others. It is broken, let's hope that somebody can fix it. - vintola -

I can't reproduce the issue. How do you try to tag the photos?

Tagging photos is not limited neither in number of tags nor in spelling.

I can't reproduce the issue. How do you try to tag the photos?

Tagging photos is not limited neither in number of tags nor in spelling.

I write keywords in German, English and Swedish and I am sure I have the correct spelling.  It accepts some keywords but not all. It is mysterious, because for instance I try to write Snö (Swedish for Snow, Schnee), This succeeds in some photos but not all. Same with my home town Naantali (in Swedish Nådendal). Again in some photos Swedish version goes all right, but not in all. And so on. These were only two examples, same happens in many other words. - vintola -

• 1 month later...

I think Leica should look into their algorithms, which are presenting the most popular photos. It's some weeks since i joined Fotopark, and still the same pictures can been seen under "Popular photos."

I simply don't understand why Leica chose to make it static data and not more dynamic data, since more dynamic data would both be better from the photographers view, and also for the community, presenting a broader view of pictures for the users.

The topic "Popular" has been rewarded a single point in the sites mainstructure, but users are being presented with old photos that have been there for several weeks. Users are not being presented newer photos, that also are getting atteniton, just the "old" ones, who keeps on holding the top spots, and user are never being presented with new and exciting photos

Come on Leica, remake the algorithm, or divide popular in three submenus:

• Most popular last month
  • Most popular last week
  • Most popular yesterday
Edited by BjarniM

• 3 weeks later...

When I first joined  2 weeks ago I uploaded some test images (Rhineland 2015). Within hours they were liked and starred with people following. Encouraged by this I uploaded another project (Paris 2015). Two weeks later NONE of these new images have been assessed by anybody. Strange. I can accept that this could be coincidence or just my lousy pictures but I rather suspect there is a problem in the Fotopark algorithms.

Another issue is that no-one can search for my photos. Try typing "Rhineland 2015". Over six thousand images come up! The system must be looking for "Rhineland" and "2015" and if the system includes metadata search you're getting all images shot in 2015!

So what is the use of Footmark if people can't find you?

Edited by biblios
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another issue: it doesn't seem to be possible to direct anyone not registered (i.e. the wider public) to your photos, even if they are tagged for public visibility. You can only look for photographers if you are a registered member.

And still no mobile access??