Leica Fotopark

DigitalHeMan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone else played around with this? I answered the forum's invitation to join the beta, received access credentials, and have tried to provide feedback, but my emails go unanswered.

Personally I find it a very clumsy interface with a lot of missing features. OK, it's still in beta, but I can't see any real reason why I would want to use this instead of the usual Flickr or 500px sites....

• Like 2

Has anyone else played around with this? I answered the forum's invitation to join the beta, received access credentials, and have tried to provide feedback, but my emails go unanswered.

Personally I find it a very clumsy interface with a lot of missing features. OK, it's still in beta, but I can't see any real reason why I would want to use this instead of the usual Flickr or 500px sites....

I have an had the same experience.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I tried it out by uploading a few photos here and having a browse around some of the categories. There is plenty of nice photography there but I'm not really sure what the point of the website is. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem possible to share your stream with anyone who isn't logged into the website which makes the website rather less useful than a Tumblr or Flickr stream.

Yes, I tried it out by uploading a few photos here and having a browse around some of the categories. There is plenty of nice photography there but I'm not really sure what the point of the website is. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem possible to share your stream with anyone who isn't logged into the website which makes the website rather less useful than a Tumblr or Flickr stream.

.... and I have to say I'm not impressed with the image handling ....... streaming seems to crop photos fairly randomly and often with a very detracting result ....... and they lose a lot of sharpness in whatever downsizing algorithm they are using ....... and viewing full size enlarges them to fill whatever you view them on .....so they look really crap ..... rather than defaulting to the natural uploaded pixel dimensions.

If they think I should be uploading full size JPG's then they are mad ....... with my internet connection this would take forever ...... :rolleyes:

A little bit of guidance on optimum image resolution for display would be helpful.

As a repository for full size images .... even with 100gb...... it is a non starter ....... I'm up to 1/3 terabyte already this year and have no time to prune or prioritise my images ..... so it is either use this plus dropbox and icloud .... or stick to multiple thunderbolt drives on my mac.....

Edited by thighslapper

There are certainly a few glitches here and there - it is a beta after all - but it's working reasonably well for me now. Time and usage will no doubt reveal usefulness and value that are not immediately apparent.

It finished being beta yesterday and went live. Problem is that many of the bugs that I reported during the beta period are still there, and the suggestions I made have not been incorporated (or indeed, reacted upon, with just one exception).

It finished being beta yesterday and went live. Problem is that many of the bugs that I reported during the beta period are still there, and the suggestions I made have not been incorporated (or indeed, reacted upon, with just one exception).

Ditto.

There's still dummy copy throughout the site. I don't think it was quite ready for primetime.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Where can one see, to which measures and size your photos will be downsized?

I would also like details on permissible and optimal size/resolutions. I would also like to see documentation of their policy on copyright.

For the future: publish plugin for Lightroom and smartphone apps.

I have been trying to upload an image for almost two hours. The system sees the file as open and putting through the network, but no end, no joy.

I am trying again.

I took one final look at the system after the closed test finished, decided it still wasn't a particularly user friendly nor useful system, and logged out.....