Capture One 8 and Yosemite

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just discovered an issue with Capture One 8 and Yosemite. I upgraded to CO1 a few days before I moved to Yosemite and never tried CO1 in details, just if it starts and sees the library.

However, I now see a strong noise when moving any slider, upper picture. The lower one is the ref without moving the slider.

not sure if the same happened with Maverick 10.9

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

here's the response and work around from Phase One support

"

Hi

Currently Yosemite is not supported.

However you can resolve by doing the following

Go to Capture One -> Preferences

Change the two dropdowns by "Hardware accelleration" to "Never"

Close Capture One and start it again.

This slows down capture one but solves the issue.

When we release a compatible version you can enable it again.

"

and it works

were your settings of the hardware acceleration set to "never" by default?

Maybe related to the hardware configuration.

I use it with a Mac Pro, dual screen, dual graphics card.

best

Could be, I'll have to check. It never has been fast for sure. Still I love it way above LR. With all its annoyances C1 stays my favorite in the results. iMac 2009, 24" here, with extra RAM

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There's a warning posted at Digital Transitions that Capture One 8 is not yet compatible with Yosemite.

That was true. However, Phase one has just recently posted an updated C1 8 Pro which is now compatible. I've downloaded and installed it and now feel ready to upgrade to Yosemite.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

This already an older thread, but I decibed best to post here anyway.

In the mean time, Capture One Pro 8.2 is released and has some very interesting new features. To help you to get down at the bottom of it, you might want to read a blog I posted yesterday:

What is new in Capture One Pro 8.2?

Thank you.

Edited by Paul_S
layout
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Using hardware acceleration in either PS CS 2014 or C1 was causing my video card to crash after Yosmite on a 2012 Retina MBP (2.7gHz quad core 16GB RAM/750GB SSD). I believe the problem is an issue on switching between the on chip Intel graphics suite and the Nvidia GeForce GT suite (a 650M -1024MB in my case). You can disable auto switching in System Preferences /Energy Saver. Apple have an ongoing watch on my Retina MPB, to see if either the logic board or the graphics board need replacing but 10.10.3 seems to have cured this totally and I am now using hardware acceleration on both programs with no problems. I have not had a single graphics crash or weird behaviour in C1 since 10.10.3. I just wish Apple would also sort out the sticky wifi and wifi/bluetooth clash problem, although there is a whisper that this is cured in 10.10.4. 

If you are still having graphics problems in Yosemite, another cure that some folks have found, is to reduce transparency in System Preferences/Accessibility.

Wilson

The 10.10.3 Supplemental was supposed to fix the video issue.  But it doesn't seem to have fixed it completely.

I have a real issue with App suppliers, like Capture 1.  Apple releases betas of the new OS builds long before it releases the OS to the public.  The purpose of the beta builds is for the supplier software to check their software and make sure it is still compatible.  (Also applies to hardware suppliers for drivers.)  Instead suppliers like to have their users test their software after the OS release, have the users find the issues, have the user report issues to the supplier, and then have the user rant about how bad Apple is.  Whether or not you like Adobe, they are seldom caught on the back foot when an OS update occurs.