The winner is announced!! Vienna "One Challenge 2015"

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

http://www.getyourguide.com/vienna-l7/vienna-card-see-more-pay-less-t4305/

is the link to buy a 2 or 3 day travel pass for about $20-23. Dont know if it is a good idea, but I have bought it. Free travel for children and discounts at museums.

Also this http://www.cityairporttrain.com/ for travel from airport to City and can be combined with transport pass.  I got one.

• Like 2

Ravi, I think it is perfect for you! You don't visit museums though.

:-)

Not True!

I have been to the Museum of Sex in Amsterdam, The Candy Wrapper Museum, Prague's Museum of Beer (8 times), Museum of Bad Art (MOBA), Museum of Things Preserved in Amber and the Museum of Meteor City in Arizona.

And, once a year there is a Museums Night where all the local museums and galleries (and we have several) stay open through the night until 7am and entry is free. One year I almost made it ... but in a wrestling contest with Lefe Brune, I lost badly and dont remember what happened that night. I do remember a good looking young lady (it is surprising how many of those you see after 7 Lefe) looking at my Rod & Gunn shirt's logo and saying "your crocodile is sick" (ask Farnz what that means). No idea who she was, but I left very quietly the next morning as she transformed in the middle of the night to one of Cinderella's ugly step sisters.

• Like 4

No idea who she was, but I left very quietly the next morning as she transformed in the middle of the night to one of Cinderella's ugly step sisters.

Ravi, maybe it was Sissi's ugly stepp sister and she might be waiting for you in Vienna Next Week :-)

Looking forward meeting all of you again!

John

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you're going to use a sunrise photo I think it should be in the rules that you must stay out all night until then, no going back to the hotel and waking up early!

I heard it said that before my time on at the Leice One's the night started at sunrise on the day of the day challenge and ran into the night. There was something about one member (I think it was Ravi) wanting to do a competition sunrise and still drink all night. Up all night at the bar until sunrise would still let him get the shot!

Remember this: Vienna Calling (Falco) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQAB_dhMRQ

It would have been fitting if he said "M2-4-0" but it is 2-1-0. Let's see who gets that room #.

Anyone fancy meeting up in Vienna, either Thursday, or Friday night; or better still both, for some liquid refreshment and maybe a bite to eat? If so any suggestions as to where?

Anyway, we'll arrive on Thursday and would be up for meeting for a bite on Thursday night. Same number for me.

I heard it said that before my time on at the Leice One's the night started at sunrise on the day of the day challenge and ran into the night. There was something about one member (I think it was Ravi) wanting to do a competition sunrise and still drink all night. Up all night at the bar until sunrise would still let him get the shot!

I was on the first One Challenge and that was only 1 hour, on a dank wintery afternoon. I've missed a few to be fair but it's always been an afternoon event.

I think someone has been pulling your leg :)

Hi Dan,

Wasnt me but sounds like it could have been a young Ravi.

Last week in Prague, i only managed one drink in the bar after dinner. I blame the Frenchman for ordering the good stuff and the other Brit re-ordering endless drinks.

I made it into the office at 830 but it was only yesterday i could drink a glass of wine.

Edited by Sandokan

Just checked the weather.

Need to find my gloves and scarf... Might even snow in Friday.

That's interesting, I've been keeping a casual eye on Vienna's forecast through the Beeb and it's currently predicting a cloudy 9C on Friday with 6C overnight.

Pete.

Choose a weather prediction that you like and use that :)

They are all equally useless. I had one tell me that it was 22C and sunny all day outside my place while it was hissing down and 16C.

On average, I predict about 6C most nights and between 8-10C during day. Not so cold but a scarf and cardigan under a thin jacket should suffice.

• Like 3

Just spoke to two friends, who visited Vienna recently; they told me, that the Vienna pass can also be bought directly at the airport.

They liked the clock-museum and a Café Schwarzenberger (I guess there mght be a similar effect at work as in Italy, where the variation of coffee is between "good" and "very good", it almost does not matter, which bar is chosen, they all appear to have good coffee machines and baristas, who know their trade).

Thinking about new museum concepts - what about a "museum of unexpected exhibits"?

Just to mention, we have a chocolate museum over here, where the exhibits are partly for consumption...

Stefan

• Like 1

We have a Toy & Games museum in my village and in town there is the Puppenhaus Museum which has teddy bears, dolls etc. But a museum of Unexpected Exhibits would be a great idea that you could visit frequently.

I am still trying to decide what to do on the Thursday and Friday. There is a cycle tour of Vienna that starts at 1430, but I also want to have a lunch at a high class restaurant. I am guessing €80-90 without drinks. Anyone want to join me? I was thinking at Steirereck, Silvio Nikol or Walter Bauer.

The Treasury, Clock Museum, Hofbürg, Schonbrunn, Opera House are all on the list.

...Thinking about new museum concepts - what about a "museum of unexpected exhibits"?

This museum was in London near the Oxo Tower! It was called "The Museum of ..." and every few months it would change to something completely different in theme. It was well done and lasted a few years. Now the space is used for unique pop-up events that vary in quality and interest, but some of the creative quirkiness remains.

• Like 1

We have a Toy & Games museum in my village and in town there is the Puppenhaus Museum which has teddy bears, dolls etc. But a museum of Unexpected Exhibits would be a great idea that you could visit frequently.

I am still trying to decide what to do on the Thursday and Friday. There is a cycle tour of Vienna that starts at 1430, but I also want to have a lunch at a high class restaurant. I am guessing €80-90 without drinks. Anyone want to join me? I was thinking at Steirereck, Silvio Nikol or Walter Bauer.

The Treasury, Clock Museum, Hofbürg, Schonbrunn, Opera House are all on the list.

Good idea*, if my company is acceptable to you, of course.....

* the lunch I mean, not the bike 

Edited by larsv
  • Like 1