The winner is announced!! Vienna "One Challenge 2015"

andybarton

I much prefer the 17th, so I'm verry happy with that. The challenge, with the exception of Copenhagen, was never easy to get to. It has, non the less, always been a priority for the Mrs and my self. The more forward the date creeps the less it fits with the schedule.

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 1

Just finished the book "The impossible exile", about Stefan Zweig , the book mentioned many coffee-houses in Vienna. I have now a year to find out little more about them and test them next year, looking forward to the challenge.

Especially when I already have decided to visit this town.

I was not able to participate in Istanbul , but I and my 3 kids are leaving tomorrow for 5 days in Berlin as a kind of alternative for not being in Istanbul .

/Ted

Well, how bizarre! Only the other evening, Lynn and I were discussing where we would

like to go for a short break and one of the main contenders was Vienna. You must have

heard us :D

We too are in the happy position of not having to take our holidays during the school breaks

any more. As we tend to like nice weather, we have our main holiday in June or early July,

September being too unreliable. As for a date in October, as long as we avoid the half term

break, we are happy with the date that suits the majority.

Once again, brilliant choice of venue for next year. All being well we shall be there!

Don't forget to come to Bristol next month where we can mull over this and many other things ;):D

• Like 2

Just finished the book "The impossible exile", about Stefan Zweig , the book mentioned many coffee-houses in Vienna. I have now a year to find out little more about them and test them next year, looking forward to the challenge.

This is a non-fiction book I enjoyed. Much of it set in Vienna before WWII...

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance: Amazon.co.uk: Edmund de Waal: Books

• Like 2

This is a non-fiction book I enjoyed. Much of it set in Vienna before WWII...

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance: Amazon.co.uk: Edmund de Waal: Books

Probably the best known work of fiction about Vienna would be 'The Third Man' by Graham Greene....:cool:;):D

• Like 2

Nice to hear that Istanbul was a great place for the challenge and all you came home well !

Vienna - what a cool city, one of my fav. cities in western europe. I was lucky to visit Vienna two times in July and August this year, on my way to and back from Rumania. Hope that the 17th Oct. 2015 won't collide with other private dates on my behalf, but I think we will make it there.

So, I can't wait to see your pictures from Istanbul !

Carsten

I'm happy with either date, although the 17th would be less of a financial burden to me.

Let me explain; it's our Wedding Anniversary on the 17th and we usually celebrate with a meal. If the challenge was on the 17th the challenge dinner would be multi-functional in that we could all get together AND it could act as our anniversary dinner, whereas if the Challenge were the week before I'd have to fork out for two meals.

One has to be practical about these things.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 5

I'm happy with either date, although the 17th would be less of a financial burden to me.

Let me explain; it's our Wedding Anniversary on the 17th and we usually celebrate with a meal. If the challenge was on the 17th the challenge dinner would be multi-functional in that we could all get together AND it could act as our anniversary dinner, whereas if the Challenge were the week before I'd have to fork out for two meals.

One has to be practical about these things.

Cheers, Tom

Golly! Would Eileen have a view on this?

• Like 1