The winner is announced!! Vienna "One Challenge 2015"

andybarton

Either date suits us as we both intend to come along, Vienna being on our list in any case.

That's great news Brian; we look forward to catching up with you both up in Vienna, if not before.

Kind regards, Tom

Probably, that's why I've not told her.

Be great to meet up again John, are you by any chance going to Bristol?

Kind regards, Tom

Hello Tom; unfortunately not Bristol (particularly since it's my Alma Mater) but we would certainly hope to be in Vienna.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luis - take a look at this link: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2014/01/one-challenge-istanbul/

It gives the general idea. It's as much social as competition, but it's a chance to meet and chat with other Forum members. We gather on the Saturday lunchtime, then there's the competition followed by a dinner for all that evening. Last year it was in Istanbul, this year Vienna.

It's great fun and a surprisingly difficult competition.

Probably anyone attending will be there from around the 15th to at least the 18th, but as long as you're there for the Saturday....!

Edited by spylaw4
  • Like 2

Thank you Brian!

I think I got the idea, you shoot 36 pictures during the day in a 2 hour photowalk and choose 1 of those images for the contest. At night you get another 36 pictures and choose a 2nd one for the contest. The main goal being to meet people from the L Camera Forum and have a good time, plus visit a new city and take some pictures.

Sounds great! I don't know if I'll be able to attend but I'll certainly consider it, let's see how things play out in the next few months.

That's it exactly.

If you can make it, we look forward to meeting you!

Thank you Andy!

I always wanted to visit Vienna so I will present the idea to the wife and see how we can manage with the kids' school and the travelling budget. Will follow this thread and I'll keep you posted. For now it's just an idea so let's see how it develops in the next few months. :)

I'm booked - 15th to 18th - solo alas, as the partner has decided to go see sister in Phoenix (!) instead.

@mca - As Andy says, it would be great if you could manage, but there's always next year as it's held annually around the middle of October.

• Like 2

We've just bought our tickets for 15-18 October in Vienna.

See you all there and then,

Dan

I just have to fill the windscreen washers, check the oil and kick the tyres ..... looking forward to Vienna.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 3

I just have to fill the windscreen washers, check the oil and kick the tyres ..... looking forward to Vienna.

Cheers, Tom

If you pass through Amsterdam on the drive over, be sure to stop for coffee. I'll be expecting you sometime in June. Or May if you get a move on.... ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...