Adapter for Leica M lenses to Movie C mount

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone know if Leica M lens to Movie C mount adapters are still available from any makers. Beaulieu used to make them. I have been looking for one for some time on Fleabay without success. In that the flange focal distances are 17.52mm for C and 27.80mm for Leica M, an adaptor should not be too difficult.

Wilson

The opposite solution would be to get the original Leitz made M-mount cine camera body. Leicina Special. You will then have to put up with the impracticalities of getting S-8 film.

The optics delivered with it were Schneider products; 10mm\ 1.8 macro and 6-70mm.\f. 1,4 However, any M-lens could be used. The camera had an excellent viewfindere and a plug in port for timelapse and other ancillaries.

Nowadays, all of it probably unobtainable collectors pieces.

p.

The opposite solution would be to get the original Leitz made M-mount cine camera body. Leicina Special. You will then have to put up with the impracticalities of getting S-8 film.

The optics delivered with it were Schneider products; 10mm\ 1.8 macro and 6-70mm.\f. 1,4 However, any M-lens could be used. The camera had an excellent viewfindere and a plug in port for timelapse and other ancillaries.

Nowadays, all of it probably unobtainable collectors pieces.

p.

I am trying to help a friend who makes short movies using local amateur actors. He uses both video and film, digitising the film at a later point. He wants to film a particular scene with 16mm in low natural light to get the correct atmosphere, which he feels he cannot get with digital. He has a supply of Kodak VNX434 high speed colour negative film and Super XX black and white but felt his existing lenses for his Beaulieu 16mm camera were too slow. I therefore suggested he borrowed my f0.95 Noctilux, assuming that I would easily find a LEM to Movie C adapter on the internet. This has proved to be impossible. I have found LTM to C but of course that will not work. We may try shooting with my M240 + Nocti, converted to black and white to see if that gives a less digital look than his Sony video camera. The short film subject is a sort of Victorian melodrama.

Wilson

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

A few years later but same question ! 

I am interested in buying Kodak's new Super 8 Camera which has a C-Mount. 

Is there any possibility to use my Leica M lenses on the C-Mount of this Kodak Super 8 Camera ?

Thanks