Ferrania - moving mass production machinery

Sandokan

Come on guys! 90% funded with three weeks left!

Let's really show the world there's plenty of life left in film and blast past the target!

Keep spreading the word to photo blogs and online magazines - if we maintain the momentum we could reach 8000 backers! :eek:

Come on guys! 90% funded with three weeks left!

Let's really show the world there's plenty of life left in film and blast past the target!

Keep spreading the word to photo blogs and online magazines - if we maintain the momentum we could reach 8000 backers! :eek:

Most of the people I know do not shoot analog anymore so I just increased my pledge.

Best

Roger

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Quoted also in the Historical section (sadly... can be the right place for film... :o)

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-collectors-historica/348512-ferrania-films.html

Luigi - I see one of the main problems discussing film online is this constant attitude that film is at death's door, or a 'Luddite' technology, or 'behind the times' or other such nonsense.

At the same time, whenever I hang around for a chat at the lab I use here in Stockholm (Teamframkallning) I suddenly get an incredible middle-aged feeling, because all the people who turn-up with bags full of rolls to develop are in their 20s (if that).

They don't have these 'historical' hang-ups, and they're definitely not hanging around in online forums wasting their time discussing this stuff like you and me. They're just out there using it.

Anyway, thanks for the link to the other discussion. My prediction is we'll be discussing the bygone era of FF sensor cameras (and "how much we all miss it, now Leica only produces the lens on the iPhone 12...") much sooner than we'll be discussing the disappearance of the film epoch.

• Like 8

Luigi - I see one of the main problems discussing film online is this constant attitude that film is at death's door, or a 'Luddite' technology, or 'behind the times' or other such nonsense.

At the same time, whenever I hang around for a chat at the lab I use here in Stockholm (Teamframkallning) I suddenly get an incredible middle-aged feeling, because all the people who turn-up with bags full of rolls to develop are in their 20s

Interesting! Today I spoke with a young man that does archery with a genuine old longbow. It is taller than he is. The way he described its smooth release was much the way we describe a film M.

• Like 3

I was also going to ask.

If you'd pm me a link -- assuming he makes them to sell . . . .

Try googling White Rose armoury another friend (Dave Hewitt) one of the best armourers in the country he might be able to put you in touch with him because he rents part of his workshop

Where?

The Unlawful Games Act 1541 required every Englishman between the ages of 17 and 60 (with various exemptions) to keep a longbow and regularly practise archery. However, this Act was repealed by the Betting and Gaming Act 1960.

However it is illegal to fire cannon within 300 yards of a dwelling house.

This is an offence under s 55 of the Metropolitan Police Act 1839.

It is illegal to beat or shake any carpet or rug in any street. However, beating or shaking a doormat is allowed before 8am

This is an offence under s 60 of the Metropolitan Police Act 1839. In other districts, it is an offence under s 28 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847.

It is illegal to handle salmon in suspicious circumstances.

This is an offence under the Salmon Act 1986.

It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament wearing a suit of armour.

The 1313 Statute Forbidding Bearing of Armour forbids members of Parliament from wearing armour in the House.

I could go on.......... and on !!

Edited by chris_livsey
  • Like 1

And which is the act that allows to shoot a Welshman caught inside the walls of Chester after dark? I think that too was repealed. Sometimes I think that it may be easier to tear apart all current laws and write fresh ones. After about 20 years, it would all be done and lawyers would be even richer than they are now

Is it legal to shoot a Welshman with a longbow on Sunday in the Cathedral Close in Hereford; or inside the city walls of Chester after midnight?

Regrettably :cool: not:

It is illegal to shoot a Welsh or Scottish (or any other) person regardless of the day, location or choice of weaponry. The idea that it may once have been allowed in Chester appears to arise from a reputed City Ordinance of 1403, passed in response to the Glyndŵr Rising, and imposing a curfew on Welshmen in the city. However, it is not even clear that this Ordinance ever existed. Sources for the other cities are unclear; Hereford, like Chester, was frequently under attack from Wales during the medieval period.

The target of $250,000 has been met.

Nick

And what exactly can $250K get them? How much more is needed and when? Aren't there salaries, overhead, production, packaging and marketing costs? Can their E6 film compete with Fuji's? Are they planning on expanding or dividing the market?

Edited by AlanG