Leica X (Type 113) Photos

Feudal1

Here is another recent shot taken with my Leica X 113. Really enjoying it so far and a unique experience, and I like the Leica way of taking images.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Interesting statement there, Dave; what do you mean by "the Leica way of taking images"? 

Its a total contrast using a Leica after years of Nikon dslr. The biggest change is I actually use manual focus now, and this is fun, I am also using full manual more than I had been on my previous kit (even though I was using it). I actually feel the image through the camera, and I am shoot far less images - but have more that are suitable for use. If that makes sense. I reckon this is why I call it the Leica way. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am attempting to upload this image as an attached file  as requested by the moderator. The image was one that I only processed through Iridient Developer from DNG, 

• Like 5

Its a total contrast using a Leica after years of Nikon dslr. The biggest change is I actually use manual focus now, and this is fun, I am also using full manual more than I had been on my previous kit (even though I was using it). I actually feel the image through the camera, and I am shoot far less images - but have more that are suitable for use. If that makes sense. I reckon this is why I call it the Leica way. 

Thanks. I do understand what you meant by that now.  

• Like 1

A shot taken today in Rochester Highstreet while out walking. Hope you all enjoy and have a great weekend.

• Like 6

attachicon.gifL9991778-5.jpg

A shot taken today in Rochester Highstreet while out walking. Hope you all enjoy and have a great weekend.

Thanks for sharing this.. and have a great weekend too, my friend. I do like street photography a lot, and I must say that the vignetting is a bit too much for this one. 

Cheers!

I read somewhere on the internet that for an APSC camera sensor, it is best to use f/5.6 for general shooting condition.

However, I made a mistake by setting the aperture at f/4.0 for this one:

32706490651_dd80c3efa6_o.jpgL1010018 by Yoki, on Flickr

..probably because I also use micro four-third cameras, where the f/4.0 is best for most condition.

My bad.

• Like 4

Different strokes..... I also see there is vignetting, but the slightly darker border area works to heighten the mood in the Rochester Highstreet Photo. The vignetting looks like a lenshood issue and should not be one of aperture. Nor is vignetting an issue with wide aperture on the X. There are many examples on this thread shot at wide apertures.  I also enjoy the movement in the guy walking through your scene. :)

• Like 1

A shot from a trip to Brighton yesterday - I shot in full manual, including ISO, which is something I am use to from my DSLR days, (I just don't trust the camera to chose, and feel lazy doing so, when it is easy to workout in your head). 

Hope you enjoy - really loving my X at the moment.

• Like 4

There is a story behind this photo.

The guy in this photo is a friend of mine. He is a born Catholic, and since long time ago he decided to become an Atheist. He has never been to a Church for long time, and that day (when this photo was taken) I succesfuly convinced him to come inside the Church and of course; to pose for me.  :p

When we went out of the Church, he told me how he missed the religious atsmosphere inside the Church, and thank me for taking him inside. He also said that he may come to a Church, once in a while, just to experience that atmosphere again.

32130235843_fa69f0ef8e_o.jpgL1006664 by Yoki, on Flickr

Oh by the way; like many Indonesian, I am a Moslem. :)

• Like 4