Leica M Edition 60 - Your opinion

LUF Admin

Leica M Edition 60 - What's your opinion?  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Leica M Edition 60 - What's your opinion?

• Would have bought the special edition. Too bad it's sold out.
    • As regular model for a reasonable price, please!
    • Regular model, please. But with a slimmer housing.
    • I like the approach but I'm not going to buy one.
    • A digital camera without display doesn't make sense.
    • Leica is completely mad if they offer such a camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looks as if the Leica M Edition 60 is the Leica photokina 2014 product causing the most and the most emotional discussions.

A digital camera without display!

In order to get a atmospheric picture here is our survey:

What do you think about the new Leica M Edition 60?

Please vote above and comment below.

• Like 5

Despite white gloves and limited edition,

my confidence in Leica is strengthened. First, Monochrome camera, now M60.

make it the combo plus add 0,91x VF then I'm in heaven !!! it is digital m3 and I didnt let my M3 off because there weren't good alternative on digital field.

use the m90 monochrome until service parts are out and you dont need to look further for gear stuffs. Seeing other people stuck in GAS syndrome is a tragicomedy.

Edited by tomasis7
  • Like 3

Can't you see?That is just the attraction and beauty of it.:)

i summarize it with picture below :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

A Monochrom version would be my perfect camera. I think it's a great idea, and I hope Leica do go on to make it a fully-available model.

For me, the 'missing' LCD another distraction removed; another incentive to really think about the important basics of photography with every shot. It's what Leica is all about, really. Love it.

• Like 4

Nor did I - from the photos. I real life it is a beautiful camera.

Beautiful it might be, but any of my clients would think I was crazy if I turned up on a job with one. One of the great things about digital was that we could throw away our Polaroid cameras! With the M-60 you'd have to bring along some way of showing the client work-in-progress - so you'd end up tethering the camera or having to do downloads to a tablet! It's kind of a nice idea, but really doesn't do it for any one who earns money with a camera.

• Like 5

Leica as a company is quickly moving from a venerable, pioneering and respected maker of precision hand-wrought cameras and lenses to a company pandering to rich, affected, persons who wish to possess an objet rather than a fine tool.

Your legendary lenses are sought after and will always be so, but now that Sony is making full-frame mirrorless cameras with focus-peaking, your lenses will be used on these fine cameras with M-Mount adapters, which allow one to do so much more with your lenses than with a Leica camera. The Leica M edition 60 is a puzzling camera, a digital camera that longs to be a film camera, and which has amputated its most important feature to simply obtain that appearance. How sad. How affected you all have become!

• Like 1

I love the concept of this camera very much. My hope is that they eventually make a non-Special Edition version of this as a less-expensive, entry point into digital M photography. The idea of no rear LCD is actually very welcomed by me personally. Reminds me of shooting my film camera, and having to know my exposure/composition, etc before shooting, not just 'spray and pray'... well done, Leica!

• Like 3