Leica store in Venice Italy?

Paulus

There's no photo store in Venice that carries Leica to my knowledge. I did some research about that myself a year ago.

But here is a photo store in Mestre, which is the part of Venice that is on the mainland. Just a quick trip with the vaporetto/actv: Macchina Fotografica Digitale - Videocamera Digitale | PhotoMarket Video

They carry Leica, but I'm not sure about their selections and stock.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any camera stores in Venice either. I've always traveled with some form of backup though, so my interest in camera stores was usually to peruse the used gear selection, and I never found anything in Europe at a price near to what I could get it for back home.

I used to visit Venice quite often seven or eight years ago and there was at least three shops then that sold Leica gear – at least one of them almost certainly an authorised dealer with a decent range – but I wouldn't be surprised if things have changed in the intervening years.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am in Venice right now. There is absolutely nothing here in terms of photo stores. I could really use a weat clean for my sensor and have been searching the internet + visited shops i pass. All you get here is sd cards and and polishing cloths.

There is a small photo store in venice, i was there by my self two years ago and bought some rolls of Kodak Portra.

I do not remember its location exactly, but it was at a little place on my way from Marcus Place to the Rialto Bridge.

I hope you will find it :)

• 3 weeks later...
There is a small photo store in venice, i was there by my self two years ago and bought some rolls of Kodak Portra.

I do not remember its location exactly, but it was at a little place on my way from Marcus Place to the Rialto Bridge.

I hope you will find it :)

I found it. No Leica products, but it wasn't a problem. My M and MP kept working great.

Here are some pictures taken there! The weather was unbelievable, I had storm, rain, very sunny weather and hail about 10 cm!!

Venice Italy land and city scapes - pauljoostenfotograaf

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Posting here just in case it helps someone. I have just returned from Venice. I visited PhotoMarket in Mestre on a wet day. A surprise to find such a large camera store with very good stock. No new Leica but a reasonable amount secondhand but few lenses. There are also several photo shops in Venice itself. Most did not carry Leica new or secondhand but I did find one excellent little haven on Calle De Fuseri in San Marco. The shop also has a gallery 100m south of the shop on the same side of the street. In the gallery there was several Leica R bodies and a nice assortment of R and M lenses (including some later ASPHs) and accessories for sale. Worth dropping in you you need a fix...