Bristol in focus, November 15th 2014.

Gibbo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings all :)

Time flies and I have finally found time to look into the next meeting of the LUF in the

South West. Sorry if you thought I had forgotten but life got in the way!

Based on the general feel from those who attended our meet in Bath earlier in the year, the

next meet will be in Bristol. I suggest that we stick to our traditional meeting place,

The Mud Dock Cafe and I have plumped for the 15th November but there is still time to change

this to, say, the 22nd.

The advantage of the Mud Dock is that we do not have to book tables or pay deposits and

the like, and it has its own car park! However, it would still be very useful if you could let

me know if you intend to come along and as early as possible.

For those of you who would have preferred Bath, I'll sort a meet there next year :) It's good

to swap about!

Ok, I look forward to hearing from you and trust this will be as well attended as our

meeting in Bath!

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this to confirm that the date is as per the thread title, Saturday November 15th.

I suggest gathering from 11:00 am at The Mud Dock, 40 The Grove, Bristol, with a view to

lunching there before heading off around the harbour.

Mud Dock : About us : Find and contact us

Not wishing to cramp Dan's style but, would anyone else like to meet up for dinner

in the evening? Please shout out :D I know a very nice Italian Restaurant that I can

highly recommend!!

Looking at the diary we seem to be free ..... will have to check with the boss. If so, we'd be interested and if enough are up for dinner would stay the night.

Will confirm in the next couple of days. Be great to catch up again.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1

Found a cheap flight, so I will be there as well :) I'll land on the Saturday morning at 0945, so depending on the airport bus and whether I get lost walking from the bus station to the meeting point, I may or may not be in the center by 1100, but it shouldn't be too long after.

I'll be flying back on Sunday so please put me down for dinner as well :)

• Like 2

As we are fast approaching the 'one month to go' point, please could you give me, as firm as

you can, an idea as to whether you intend to come along on the 15th November and in

particular, if you would like to join us in the evening for a meal. I would like to book the

restaurant at some point next week.

Thank you :D

Gibbo,

Definitely planning to come along on the 15th. Whether I can make the meal rather depends on the time you had in mind. Unfortunately I can't stay in Bristol owing to commitments on the Sunday so train times come in to play. I'd need to take the 21.47, which sounds like leaving the restaurant at around half past nine, but I don't want my train times to affect others by dining too early. (What time can McDonalds fit us all in?:D)

Pete.

• Like 2

Lovin it, Pete :D

The restaurant I have in mind is this one:

http://www.giuseppesitalianrestaurant.co.uk/

Lynn and I have been there many times and it comes highly recommended by the Gibbo

family. Giuseppe is a lovely fellow and always looks after us well!

The advertised opening hours for a Saturday seem to be all afternoon and evening, which

helps! How about we go for 6:00pm. We ought to all be hungry by then and it would mean

those who have to head off shouldn't have to cram it all down in a rush :eek::D

Just had a quick scan through his website and, perhaps, we should offer to provide him

with some better photos for the gallery :D

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1