Sydney, Australia meet/challenge - any interest?

MarkP

Sorry but now I've got a problem - surgery on my ankle this week and in a boot for 6 weeks :(. As I'm a medico something is bound to go wrong :rolleyes:

So I think I won't be OK to walk around for a weekend until well into November.

I'll have a better idea of the situation in a few weeks so is November OK for most people?

Sorry to hear about your ankle, Mark. I hope the surgery goes well.

November is fine for me generally, though I'd prefer it not be on the 2nd or the 30th. I can rearrange myself on those two dates though, if it turns out that they suit others best,

Peter

Clearly you are very clumsy mark! But that is very bad luck. Do you know any good surgeons? :D

For me November is 'ankle-biters' month. Pun intended. Grandchildren having birthdays, but no idea what parties, if any are to be organized. Besides, I have to return safely from Turkey and Egypt before I can commit. ;)

Shall just let the clock tick over for the time being.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry but now I've got a problem - surgery on my ankle this week and in a boot for 6 weeks :(. As I'm a medico something is bound to go wrong :rolleyes:

So I think I won't be OK to walk around for a weekend until well into November.

I'll have a better idea of the situation in a few weeks so is November OK for most people?

Ouch! I hope it goes well for you. My knee surgery from March is only now coming right (perhaps it's age - okay, maybe that doesn't help either) :rolleyes:

I'm keen to make the dash across the Tasman, but I need a bit more notice. The rest of the years is pretty screwed for me. Next time, maybe.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Ouch! I hope it goes well for you. My knee surgery from March is only now coming right (perhaps it's age - okay, maybe that doesn't help either) :rolleyes:

I'm keen to make the dash across the Tasman, but I need a bit more notice. The rest of the years is pretty screwed for me. Next time, maybe.

Cheers

John

Thanks John. Erl was spot on! I was telling my son off about not doing enough study for his HSC. I was going down the stairs at the same time and I clearly can't do two things at once as I fell and landed on my inverted ankle :o. Could have been worse as I could have landed on my Leica ;)

The MRI identified two torn lateral talar ligaments which will heal, but also a long tear through the peroneus longus tendon which does not heal but is necessary for ankle stability. Surgery was yesterday but unfortunately more involved than expected as once in there it was found that I'd done both peroneus longus and brevis tendons (one holding on by a thread).

I'll should completely normal function back by about 3 months but not sure when I'll be up to walking around for a whole weekend. Another Sydney member wants to arrange the meet earlier, otherwise I'll advise regarding new dates.

Hope you can make it and you'll be OK till your knee is done - old age or injury?

Regards,

Mark

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

Hi Mark.

I live in Indonesia. Have never been to Australia. This would be a great opportunity to travel there and meet up with other photographers. November sound good for me. Thanks

Carl*

Hi Carl, that would be great. It would be good to meet you

By the way I really like your photography.

As I mentioned above, unless someone else wants to organise and set it up I don't know yet when I'll be on my feet so will advise ASAP.

Kind regards,

Mark