APO 50 images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I know. All you have to do is sign into your flickr account and you see the data on the bottom. I had it in the black slideshow view that you get when you look at someone's sets and all that information is turned off. I will tell you this, when I actually did look it up, I was pretty right on between the 50 and the 35. The 75 summarit had me fooled in one photo.

But my original point still stands: this set show off wonderfully executed 50 Apo photos.

That one 75mm Summarit photo was the only one that had me fooled too. I think the rest is pretty obvious. There is one shot there with the 35 Summicron and 50 APO and I think the differences are quite apparent.

It would also be far more obvious if the pictures were in colour and also if they were viewable at full size. I believe you could quite easily pick the difference between that one 75mm Summarit if it were in colour.

If true, this probably has more to do with the very limited copies of this lens currently in circulation...

Anyone know of a photographer with a great sense of mood, tone, wrap of light and stellar composition who is making stunning images with this lens?....because in an effort to kill time while uploading to FTP, I found absolutely nothing but flat-tastic snapshots....

Kind of sad really...

That one 75mm Summarit photo was the only one that had me fooled too. I think the rest is pretty obvious. There is one shot there with the 35 Summicron and 50 APO and I think the differences are quite apparent.

It would also be far more obvious if the pictures were in colour and also if they were viewable at full size. I believe you could quite easily pick the difference between that one 75mm Summarit if it were in colour.

People always say something like this when presented with data after the fact. But when presented with prints, with no information about format or camera or lens, they generally have no clue, other than a lucky guess here or there. Far too many variables involved. I know; I've tried it.

Jeff

Jeff, I agree that it is very difficult to tell which lens was used after the fact, but I can tell you that when used right (wide open and focused correctly), the 50 Apo repeatedly creates images of incredible detail, micro-contrast, and color. I recently compared one to my 50lux (see my other thread), and while slight differences in focus may or may not have affected the results, focus with the Apo was always dead on (no focus shift) and there was no visible color fringing or CA, which affects image quality with almost any other lens.

I'm not sure whether you have tried the 50 Apo yourself, but it is immediately apparent how well corrected this lens is.

Jeff, I agree that it is very difficult to tell which lens was used after the fact, but I can tell you that when used right (wide open and focused correctly), the 50 Apo repeatedly creates images of incredible detail, micro-contrast, and color. I recently compared one to my 50lux (see my other thread), and while slight differences in focus may or may not have affected the results, focus with the Apo was always dead on (no focus shift) and there was no visible color fringing or CA, which affects image quality with almost any other lens.

I'm not sure whether you have tried the 50 Apo yourself, but it is immediately apparent how well corrected this lens is.

Ditto ...... and I took a sequence of photos from f2-16 yesterday and there is no observable difference between them ......

I'm hoping this one doesn't

Lately i'm liking lenses / apertures where the background is rendered very neutral with no special effects

Can you share a picture or two so I can see the signature you're seeing?

Many images have been posted under many threads and under M images by myself and others. Just use "search" button.:)

Anyone know of a photographer with a great sense of mood, tone, wrap of light and stellar composition who is making stunning images with this lens?....because in an effort to kill time while uploading to FTP, I found absolutely nothing but flat-tastic snapshots....

Kind of sad really...

We will wait 20 years and there will be no better images taken with this lens posted on the internet. The reason is simple: one cannot buy talent.

We will wait 20 years and there will be no better images taken with this lens posted on the internet. The reason is simple: one cannot buy talent.

While it's clear the gear won't take a picture for you, and I realise that's what you are talking about, I think that point is obvious and most are pretty aware that it goes without saying. There comes a time, however, that the better gear, the best gear, becomes very important.

If gear didn't matter then the visual industries, photography, cinema, wouldn't spend the hundreds of thousands/millions of pounds on equipment that they do. There wouldn't even be a need or demand for this lens if it were true. At some point production values matter a great deal and you are only kidding yourself to think otherwise.

• Like 3

While it's clear the gear won't take a picture for you, and I realise that's what you are talking about, I think that point is obvious and most are pretty aware that it goes without saying. There comes a time, however, that the better gear, the best gear, becomes very important.

If gear didn't matter then the visual industries, photography, cinema, wouldn't spend the hundreds of thousands/millions of pounds on equipment that they do. There wouldn't even be a need or demand for this lens if it were true. At some point production values matter a great deal and you are only kidding yourself to think otherwise.

It's all about making money

An auction on flee bay uk ended today for APO 50mm f2, winning bid £3,611, about 2K below new price, don't know was there a reserve price.

If this is true, regardless how many posts to follow won't be able to burry this fact.

I think it is being re-listed, send seller message, ask to talk to him and find out how genuine or not he really is.

If you can't find it someone did buy now option :cool:

Buy it Now option?

Not really

5ejeba5u.jpg

I'm not interested in finding out if it's re-listed or if the seller is genuine or not, I have secured a copy of the APO50 for myself and am not interested in one more at this point of time

If you find out, do let us know so other members can benefit if it's not a scam (which I highly doubt is not a scam)

Only passing bits of information I picked up, I have no interest in said lens either new or secondhand and have no personal association with seller.

I would like to think that anyone in 2014 who can afford £££ lens is smart enough (or should be) to make necessary checks to buy it online.

I think I will just rent it for 1-2 days from Lensrentals to satisfy my curiosity, I am not seeing anything remotely close what I am looking for in any of the samples given.

While there is no way in this century I am paying 8K for a 50mm F2 lens to use in 35mm when I have a brand new 50 Lux Asph, I will gladly rent the APO for 7-10 days for a fine art project I am going to do on Techpan film after I test it to be worth it.

Edited by KM-25