APO 50 images

If you do that, ask first what their policy is. Some jurisdictions consider an order as a contract of sale and you might be placing your deposit in jeopardy. Not that you'd have any trouble unloading a brand new APO on the seconds market.

Just place an order, you are unlikely to get one for a few months so can change your mind ;-)

john

Even if you want one I can't see you getting one any time soon. The backlog could be over a year from what I understand. So I'd just sit on it and wait for availability to improve if I were you. Preordering one now in reality probably one make much a difference as to when you get it.

Good luck.

Hi all,

I'm on the fence about getting this lens

Can you share some images you've taken with this lens to help me and others see how you're using it?

Doesn't matter if you use the M8 / M9 / MM / M240 bodies

Thank you,

Hari

Edited by paulsydaus
Removed reference to the queen of england being a grumpy old witch.

Even if you want one I can't see you getting one any time soon. The backlog could be over a year from what I understand. So I'd just sit on it and wait for availability to improve if I were you. Preordering one now in reality probably one make much a difference as to when you get it.

Good luck.

My usual dealer has one in stock and has reserved it for me temporarily

There is a dealer in the Netherlands who has three in stock, including a pair with consecutive serial numbers. Price is 6750€ excluding tax for the single, and 14500€ excl for the consecutive pair. Since he doesn't advertise here I won't mention the name, but feel free to PM

Having once compulsively bought a noctilust, I know how you feel.

Let me know if your has any more 50 APO's via private!

I'm a compulsive buyer so it's my own interest I'm looking after here :)))))))

A few more lenses and my dream line up will be complete

But again, if there's something you're looking for I can check if he has it in stock

take a look at this ....... there is a link to the DNG...... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8936627/L4010185.DNG

perfect colour rendition, no aberration/chroma, edge to edge sharpness and superb detail......

this lens adds nothing ..... and takes nothing away ...... get it !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

I've had a look at the DNG. Am I allowed to not be particularly wowed by the "edge to edge sharpness and superb detail"? Seems on a par with (or 'worse' than) what I'd expect from my 50 Summarit:eek: Probably more consistent but not as sharp as I was expecting from the now fabled Summicron ASPH. Maybe there is an M240 CMOS thing going on here (I might have become spoiled in recent times by the inherent sharpness of the Monochrom CCD sensor)?

• Like 5

take a look at this ....... there is a link to the DNG...... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8936627/L4010185.DNG

perfect colour rendition, no aberration/chroma, edge to edge sharpness and superb detail......

this lens adds nothing ..... and takes nothing away ...... get it !

Thank you, the reason I'm so interested in this lens is precisely because it adds no signature of itself and helps you capture what you see, how you see it

I've had a look at the DNG. Am I allowed to not be particularly wowed by the "edge to edge sharpness and superb detail"? Seems on a par with (or 'worse' than) what I'd expect from my 50 Summarit:eek: Probably more consistent but not as sharp as I was expecting from the now fabled Summicron ASPH. Maybe there is an M240 CMOS thing going on here (I might have become spoiled in recent times by the inherent sharpness of the Monochrom CCD sensor)?

Also depends on what aperture this was shot at

What you typically pay for is wide open performance till about f5.6

By f8 and further down most lenses offer comparable output

• Like 1