Be careful trusting the strap on your Ona Berlin bag!

fotofool

• 1 year later...

I enjoy ONA's Twitter feed because it's mostly photos of dudes with beards and flannel posing with their ONA bags and fascinating updates on the travels of their marketing director. 

The term "posers" ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser ) comes to mind.

Perhaps posers are ONA's target demographic?

Edited by Carlos Danger

There are two Ona Berlin bags: The original, which was a limited run and the Berlin II, which is currently on the market.

Does anyone know if the strap problem was corrected in the Berlin II?

I had the original ONA Berlin and I changed it last year for a black ONA Berlin II. Both bags have the same strap and I have no problem with both straps. The only problem I had was the loss of colour on the back of the original Berlin and ONA changed my bag for the black Berlin II.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

I had the original ONA Berlin and I changed it last year for a black ONA Berlin II. Both bags have the same strap and I have no problem with both straps. The only problem I had was the loss of colour on the back of the original Berlin and ONA changed my bag for the black Berlin II.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

I wonder if the failure the OP experienced is an intermittent failure (on a few bags) rather than a universal problem?

Whatever the case, this incident shows the virtue of inspecting the straps on your camera bags (camera straps, too) every couple of weeks.  This type of failure is likely due to cumulative wear and tear; warning signs should be evident before a total strap failure happens.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

I have both an ONA bag (bought in an extravagant moment) and several Billigham bags. The Billighams outstrip the ONA by a 'country mile' in every respect, except the bling effect. My ONA and Billingham have near identical dimensions, but the Billingham accommodates sooo much more. I'm considering donating the ONA to my younger daughter who is fashion conscience :) .

The strap on my ONA does have two rows of stitching on the strap, but I can see that the strap, rather than the stitching could fail. Whereas the Billingham has a 'patch' of stitching which looks substantial. I also have a Fogg bag that has the strap run totally under the bag, thus giving very secure support.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

One of my favorite bags, a military-like sling bag broke at the strap. I mentioned my disappointment to my mate and she said, "Well, we do have a sewing kit." Horrors! I got a replacement in no time. Hand-stitching? Moi? Not since my military hitch had I stitched, and then only to sew my new manly rank on the sleeves.