Perfect a la carte bag for the new M 240!

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Spoke an employer of the importer of Billingham in Holland. He wore a bag with nice Dutch colors

Only 60 have been made specially for the Dutch market. One Leica shop in A'dam bought 30 of it.

Artikel details voor: BILLINGHAM Hadley Pro Limited Edition [blue canvas/tan leather] - nivo-schweitzer.nl

• Like 1

I think it's cool. Did you guys just look at the photo at the top of the page with the bright insert, or also at the two at the bottom left? Or do you just not like blue?

I've been thinking of replacing my old, black, dull Domke F-3X and this would work. But the $136 premium, ex-VAT, over the standard Hadley Pro makes me cough a bit. As does the fact that one can buy a Domke F-3X for less than the premium :)

Edited by redge

I doubt it. It's exactly the same bag made by Billingham for the UK retail outlet Pedlars last year. They also sold a less garish sage/yellow version and some other colours.

Thanks for that link. I like that current Pedlars/Billingham red and grey one too.

Great to see that there are some fun Billingham bags being made instead of just black, khaki and olive green.

It's maybe less great that I'm tempted... :)

Edited by redge

It looks like a maritime distress signal.

The blue, or the red and grey? Or both :)

This afternoon I showed photos of these bags to a couple of friends who have very good taste, and both said "I love them".

I've asked the Dutch shop for a price delivered to New York and will ask Pedlars the same tomorrow. Can't hurt to ask.

Edited by redge

A pretty bright blue camera bag. Noooo that won't attract attention.

Mr. B

I could spot the bag over 50 meters. The man was cycling in a parking cellar for bikes an I cycled towards him. Just to check if it really was a Billingham. It were his words, that this blue ones were made especially for the Dutch marked.

It wouldn't attract attention if you wear a matching blue plastic raincoat. ;) But some people ( and bags ) just want to stick out of the crowd and that's alright with me.

I can see the point of it entirely, it is the gaudy caterpillar approach to security, the safety of your camera is assured because like birds are put off the flamboyant caterpillar by associations with bad taste, muggers are warned off by associations of student common room colour schemes of the 1970's (for the educated mugger). Very clever, but what has the world come to when camera bag design needs to resort to this?

Steve

• Like 2

Not for me but if the OP likes it why not?

A long time ago I saw an Italian tourist in a very loud jacket. Bright red tartan and red pants to match... Red shoes and he looked ridiculous but he had a gorgeous lady on his arm.

My friend said, "wow cool"... I just looked at him gob smacked but hey he had a lady on his arm and my friend and I were alone ;)

• Like 1

Received a nice note from the Dutch retailer. It looks like the bag has the same exterior colour as the bag that Pedlar was selling, but they ordered it with a standard green insert. He says that it has sold faster than he anticipated; they got about 40 and have five left.

Now waiting to hear from Pedlar.

Edited by redge