Vintage lenses on the M - Post your images here!

bideford

Now this story has a happy ending... but first thing first...

After getting the lens back from Solms I mounted it on my 8.2..it also there being at an angle, then gripping and turning it... guess what happened... the what-I-thougt-to-be the bayonet came loose... turning out to be a LTM to M adaptor...original Leitz too... the lens now a M39 thread mount...

So I went on ebay and found an LTM-M 135 adaptor by Kiran, claiming to be latest type and code-able.

Screwed it on the lens, mounted it on the M...and click! - works like a charm, LV and all.

I have been searching on the interweb hyperspace thingy for an adapter for old Zuiko and Nikon lenses for my M but to no avail - any pointers please?

Paul,

Here's a link to a Novoflex-made Nikon to Leica M adapter from SRB Griturn.

And here's a link to a Novoflex-made Olympus OM to Leica M. (I'm not familiar with Oly so I assume that the Zuiko lenses have an OM mount.)

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the seller and no first-hand knowledge of the goods offered.

Pete.

• Like 1

First test of my 1957 Elmar 9cm f4 on M240. Nothing scientific, just curiosity! Hand-held @ 1/30th & f4. Focus on the fruit was on the centre stalks. Second image is either a corner study or a study of a corner of a study ;) Anyway, am quietly impressed by the results from a piece of fifty seven year-old glass.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Keith (M)

A quick & dirty comparison with post #48 - this time with my Y2K Elmarit-M 90mm. As with the Elmar 9cm images, both taken hand-held @ f4.

Regarding the above comparisons, I meant to mention the difficulty in seeing the 'red outlines' when focussing the Elmar 9cm LTM with the EVF, presumably due to its low contrast compared with the Elmarit-M. This difference in contrast clearly shows in the examples.

• Like 1

Ridgid Summicron 50mm on M240.

• Like 1

You can get so caught up reading reviews of lenses and not actually learn how fun and rewarding they can be

Well said, and so true! since I've had my Leica I have been so freed and released to explore, shoot things in ways I have never before and generally rediscover my creativity and flexibility within my photography! I've been set free by my Leica and any old odd lens that will fit it!

Keep up the great work guys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

LTM 50mm pre-aspheric Summilux at f2.0

• Like 1

9627591362_c9e4ea89db_c.jpgSleeping Beauty by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr"]9627591362_c9e4ea89db_c.jpgSleeping Beauty by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr[/url]

Leitz Noctilux 1.2

9624357859_aacb376cdd_c.jpgBerliner Dom by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr"]9624357859_aacb376cdd_c.jpgBerliner Dom by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr[/url] Leitz Super Angulon 21mm F/3.4, Used cornerfix to patch some of the red gate problems on the Digital M,but still left some trail of it.

Thanks

• Like 1

9624357859_aacb376cdd_c.jpgBerliner Dom by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr"]9624357859_aacb376cdd_c.jpgBerliner Dom by Clarence.Lux, on Flickr[/url] Leitz Super Angulon 21mm F/3.4, Used cornerfix to patch some of the red gate problems on the Digital M,but still left some trail of it.

Thanks

Clarence, it's worth trying the flat field plugin from LR5 to correct color and fall off or color only .

Works for me with the M9 and 21 SA 3.4 combo !

Cheers JM