Fast and prime

JHAG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Kangaroo is a bit thin in my opinion, most hides I used are about 1 to 1.5 mm thick, good for cutting lace for braiding. Tough leather for its thickness. For camera bags I prefer something at least 3mm thick or more.

Looks like those bags have excellent craftsmanship and some excellent leather that is hard to find those days.

Peter

Of course, there's no accounting for taste, so you might not like the designs, but I can testify to the quality.....

I had a look on their site and I'm sure that you are right about the quality and workmanship. Unfortunately the designs simply don't appeal to me. As camera cases they appear to me as being overstated rather than anything else and may well advertise the fact that they are designed to hold something expensive - potentially upping unwanted interest. Whilst I'd like to support small 'local' business turning out quality products, the products do have to appeal to me and unfortunately these do not do so. Hopefully they will do so to others.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Getting back to topic, a friend of mine did a photo essay on the oak bark tannery they use,and as I live in the same County when I saw the LFI shop were/are selling camera straps by Fast and Prime I sent for one. I can't totally agree with Jono about quality (the shoulder pad cut into the strap is far from symmetrical) and I wouldn't want to let one of the bridle weight strap adjusters with a sharp pin x2 that is part of the strap anywhere near a camera of mine, and would have expected them to use an appropriate adjuster if they seriously want to break into this market. They may improve on the important details with feedback and time. 

Edited by pedaes