Jinfinance OUFRO - Caveat Emptor

jpfisher

With current Leica prices, what do you think they would charge for a new one? I know the one I have is very heavy and very nicely made. Look at what they get for plastic lens hoods these days a new one would make the used ones look cheap.....

Just my .02 cents worth.

wbill

It would certainly be more than the £25 I paid for mine in 2009, more a curiosity in those days before Live View because although you could give a macro capability to the camera, there was no way to frame or focus.

That's what I like so much about the M Typ 240 - the dual character of the camera - best Leica rangefinder ever on the one hand, top quality mirrorless FF camera on the other.

• Like 2

I found a mint one for $90 yesterday.

I guess I should consider that a steal compared to the Ebay prices. There's currently one on Ebay with 13 bids at $330 (plus shipping) currently which is just insane.

Question:

When i use the oufro with my 50 Summicron the Shutter-Times (in Auto-Mode) are painfully slow, when i only use the Cron for example i have a shutter time of 1/60 sec, with the oufro in the same lightning conditions i have 1/4 sec?

What am i doing wrong?

I found a mint one for $90 yesterday.

I guess I should consider that a steal compared to the Ebay prices. There's currently one on Ebay with 13 bids at $330 (plus shipping) currently which is just insane.

Was that one in Norway you found at a "cheap" price?

wow- I am glad I found a mint one amongst a box of Leica bits I got at an auction last month.... :p I feel almost guilty paying $90 for the lot- including 6 OEM metal lens hoods, the oufro, an oxtbo, a few oubio's and a heap of other stuff.... I sold a few duplicates and made 300 already... :rolleyes:

Unfortunate Fact is if Leica made this again it would cost at least $250. Probably $400.

I am sure Jinfinance will release a second perfected edition soon.

Edited by jaques

Okay so I went looking around and found there are more then just the OUFRO to do macro on the M...

I found there are numerous different extension tubes and macro adapters including the OUFRO...

For example what about the "macro adapter M 14167" will this give the same result? (I don't know the optical thickness)

NEVER MIND

I just now see that it is for Visoflex on R camera's the title of the sale is wrong.

Edited by jip

This is what I got in a response from Jinfinance when I asked about the item's fit to M240 and possible chrome residue:

"Yes, it's resolved... we have modify it, just slightly, so it fits the new M (type 240) better...

No, I didn't hear of the chrome issue, probably it's just because of the previous tight fitting with the new"

Can anyone confirm this?

I might get one, maybe two :-)

...or I'll wait for Novoflex, they also stated that "oufro" with different dimensions were planned.

What do you think will it be a good match to use it with a 75mm Cron? Would two be overkill? I never used this so I don't know what to expect.

• 2 years later...

I was very excited to see that Jinfinance has started to sell a clone of the OUFRO extension tube. Seems like a perfect fit for the M240 and live view. (10mm Extension Tube Ring Work for Leica Oufro 16469Y M M240 Type 240 M6 M7 M8 M9 | eBay)

But, it doesn't fit. I tried to mount it on mine and, from what I can tell, it looks like it hits up against the internal baffle--the same one that prevents the DR Summicron from mounting. It mounts perfectly to my M3, but it's not nearly as practical.

I contacted the seller, but they are out of the office until 10/6. Hopefully they can redesign the adapter to fit the M 240. The price was right, and its solidly built. It's just built too deep. In the meantime, I'm requesting a return/refund.

Just a note in case anyone else was considering a purchase.

Jim

From Jinfinance,

This about another jinfinance product;

I ordered, about two years ago the R lens to M adapter.

When I tried it I saw it would not bring up the R lens selection menu on the M9-P.

It took 6 month for Jinfinance to send another. 

The next R to M lens adapter he sent was super tight fitting, And would not look into place....  It did bring up the R lens menu,though.

I just gave up on him.

Two adapters sit useless, and money lost to sloppy reverse engineering!

The Leica adapters are what I should have bought all along! They work perfect !

Jinfinance taught me a lesson!

After wasting time and money ......         I wouldn't touch his products with a fork!

Don't bring a donkey to the opera ..

Rafael

the OUFRO for a $100 Wow ..... a buy!

Edited by rafael_macia

• 6 months later...

Considering you can get the original Leitz OUFRO for $100 is you apply a little patience, I would consider that a better buy than any 3rd party product (as I see that the Chinese made one is $80).

As Thorsten points out, be patient.  I just bought a near mint OUFRO on eBay auction for Eur 30.50.  I already have one permanently on the camera side of a Leica Bellows II so I don't inadvertently connect the bellows to the M directly and then have it as a permanent fixture :) This second one can now be a neat, light, easy to carry macro adapter for when I need it!