IIG

iphoenix

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just from the standpoint of collector knowledge- and I will never fork over the kind of cash a IIg would bring:

Given the nebulous circumstances of the IIg, what should a knowledgeable collector demand, as proof of authenticity, before purchasing such a camera? Do the very circumstances that make a IIg so valuable, also bring a certain degree of chance to any decision to purchase one? How could you ever be sure? 

I'm not sure that a winder would add or subtract much to the relative value of this 'model'. I don't see the Australian IIg 'offer' on eBay at this time but the German one is still there. It reached €6,950 on 7th November and then the bidding stopped. There is still one day to go. It will be interesting to see what it fetches when the auction closes tomorrow. As I said previously, the value of this item, genuine or not, is what the market determines it to be.

William

The item sold for €6,950 this morning. This is considerably less than the €21,500 that a similar (different SN) item sold for at Photographica Auction (Rahn) last year. In both cases similar wording and reference to authorities was used to describe the item. By referring to authorities such as Lager, Van Hasbroeck and Netopil, sellers are probably trying to cover themselves as there is still no definitive proof on the matter. 

One thing is certain though. The market is placing a lower value on the 'model' than it did last year. Interestingly, there was no further bidding on eBay after the matter was mentioned on this forum.

William

• 3 months later...

I will  close soon this topic as it is out of interest for the forum..

Please wait until the first black paint IIg will be offered - of course with only two Swedish crowns... :)