Leica M 240 ISO button

Rusubandenwa

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now, but with no luck. When I try to change ISO by using the ISO button on the back of the camera I can't seem to figure out how to change the value. I've tried all buttons but with no luck. For now, the only way I can change the ISO is to do it via the set menu. Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now, but with no luck. When I try to change ISO by using the ISO button on the back of the camera I can't seem to figure out how to change the value. I've tried all buttons but with no luck. For now, the only way I can change the ISO is to do it via the set menu. Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

Seriously? For days? :confused: It is in the manual, didn´t you get one with the camera?

It still doesn't work though, so perhaps a bug?

Is the ISO button on Leica M used for anything else? I mean, can you verify through some other action whether the button works? It could be a bad contact. It's not a software bug.

But see Jaap's post first and make sure what you see is not operator error.

Not to insult your intelligence, but per the instructions, have you tried all the other methods for changing the ISO:

Using the ISO button

1. Press the ISO button (22).

2. While holding down the ISO button, use the setting dial (29) or press up/down on the direction pad (30) to select the desired sensitivity or the automatic setting.

Using the menu

1. In the picture parameters menu (see p. 154/246) select ISO, and

2. Use the setting dial (29) or press up/down on the direction pad (30 to set the desired sensitivity or select the automatic setting.

3. Confirm your setting by pressing the SET button or the INFO button.

While I'm sure at this point you will probably end up sending it in, in the mean time, you could test these methods out as well to eliminate any doubt of functionality.

Edited by brooksfletcher

Not to insult anyone's faith in Leica - but mine had the same problem, and Leica acknowledged it on the service ticket - from the description, they said it required checking the back panel switches.

We're not idiots here - sometimes the press and turn works, sometimes it doesn't. No pattern to it. Sometimes it started working if you switched the camera off and on again. It's either a firmware bug or a bad switch.

FYI, this camera went in a week ago this Friday (the 6th), and the due date is October 1. Apparently the U.S. techs are just starting their training Monday.

Dante

• Like 1

Pressing the ISO button on my M240 does not bring up a full range of ISO settings like on the M9. There is just a single ISO number which is adjusted with the scroll wheel whilst holding down the ISO button. Firmware 1.1.02.

Works perfectly well but do other cameras bring up a full panel of ISO numbers?

Edited by MarkP

Excuse the crap iPhone photo:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hard to see in this photo but in the bright bar at the top of the screen the word SET is above ISO and the word ISO is above 250.

The ISO setting works perfectly, and I must say that just dialing up or down the ISO without any clutter is quite simple - just not normal for the firmware?

• Like 1