Digilux 2 sensor replacement no longer free (moved from Do Digilux 2 photos ..)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry,got mixed up,,,,,,,,the original was an ICX282AQ and I replaced it with an ICX282FQ,,,,,,,,,the selfie above is the actual camera on it's 2nd shot,,,,,,,,full auto.I made no adjustments  at all.You will get an FQ if you buy the Sony F717 replacement.

From the pictures the Leica seems to have a thicker glass  on the sensor, i wonder how strong the anti-aliasing filter is on eather of the chips, did you have to move the filter glass stack from the Leica chip to the Sony one or did you just install the Sony chip the way it was??

Please let me know about the focus? sharpness and color, is all the way it was or did you notice that something differ, is everything 100% working?

Please let me know as i would not like to demage this fine camera, i have no problem changing the chip as i have fixed many cameras but i just would like some help as far as what the chip was used for the exchange and the filter stack.

• 4 weeks later...

Just repaired two cameras and they work perfectly, it seems like the original ICX282AQ sensor was used in the Nikon E5700. The reason the sensor was failing was because of bad manufactoring if it, the little micro wire legs under the glass would seperate from the sensor part, this has nothing to do with humidity or hot climate as rumour goes. Ask me how i know it:)

Just repaired two cameras and they work perfectly, it seems like the original ICX282AQ sensor was used in the Nikon E5700. The reason the sensor was failing was because of bad manufactoring if it, the little micro wire legs under the glass would seperate from the sensor part, this has nothing to do with humidity or hot climate as rumour goes. Ask me how i know it:)

Well done that man,,,tell us your secret.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi there,

I'm a new member,

I have a digilux 2 since few days. Its shutter count is 13000 and works well. I hope it will continue working some more time. 

As far as you know, can the Leica service repair the D2 anymore? 

Anyway I'm happy to know that I can fix by myself (maybe) the ccd failure problem if it will occur. I like this camera as I like my M8.2

Walter

Fixing the camera is not that hard only if you are experianced in fixing this kind of stuff, i have no issue as i fixed many cameras and lenses, if you are handy and have the tools required then this is no brainer but if you never fixed this kind of stuff most likely your camera will be as experiance dummy and end up in your closet or on an auction.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember what a disappointment the D3 replacement was when it came out. It seemed so bulky and clumsy, so of course I now use an SL most of the time  :)

Wilson

The problem with the Digilux 3 was that it was a 4/3rds sensor camera with a porro finder, wrapped up in a body that was larger than a full frame DSLR!

There are no FF DSLRs which are the same size, or smaller than, the Digilux 3.  

dunk

One of these is FF and the other is 4/3rds - given the size of the sensors which would you say offers the best performance for package?

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_II-vs-Leica_Digilux_3

Edited by earleygallery

One of these is FF and the other is 4/3rds - given the size of the sensors which would you say offers the best performance for package?

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_II-vs-Leica_Digilux_3

James. I don't wish to get into a lengthy argument but fact is, the Digilux 3 is 20% smaller and 30% lighter than the Canon 5D Mk II … and all 4/3 format cameras are capable of being used via adapters with at least 10 different makes of SLR / DSLR lenses. 

QED

dunk